“Great Dining Experience”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2016

Warm welcome on a cool night. Fire blazing in the old fireplace. Plenty of menu choices and we indulged with 3 courses. Meals generous and enjoyable. Staff attentive. Plenty of drink choices. Overall experience good though more expensive than we had planned

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed June 3, 2016 via mobile

Nice place , great staff . Chef very nice but food was not up to my standard and cost a fortune . Tho the complementary bread on arrival is ABSOLUTLY BEAUTIFUL

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed May 18, 2016 via mobile

I've not been here for a few years, but we decided to give it another go as I remembered it as a lovely place.

I'm disappointed to report that although the decor and ambience is great, the food was average at best. Of four main courses, only one was finished, and two were left virtually untouched. It was really not what we were expecting at all.

The prices suggest that it's going to be an awful lot better than the reality.

If it wasn't for my previous experience here (although I should add that this was a good few years back), I'd have chipped it another star.

Date of visit: April 2016
3  Thank chrisk495
Reviewed April 25, 2016

My husband and I enjoyed a three course meal here recently. I had high expectations of this dining experience after reading feedback and receiving recommendations from friends that have dined here regularly. Perhaps that was my downfall - I had high expectations.
Jenni and the staff were friendly and attentive. Although for us the dining room lacked ambience.
I am glad we have experienced dining at the 'Old George and Dragon' but wont be rushing back.

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank lilpig01
Reviewed February 14, 2016

We found this restaurant exceptional for a romantic dinner. The atmosphere was quiet, the music subtle, service fantastic-you didn't feel hurried or pressured, meals were varied and delicious.

Date of visit: February 2016