See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

This place is absolutely terrible, we arrived at about 4 pm to find the reception closed and our room open. The owner Bruce is a rude cranky old man. The decor was very dated, we felt we had walked into nanna's house. The blind in the main bedroom was ripped and stuck and you could not open it and the pool was padlocked. As we had travelled for a long time we decided to make ourselves a coffee. The unit is for 5 people however we were with 3. They had 3 filthy stained mugs and 3 stained cups, so badly stained we could not get them clean with a scourge. We then decided to have a wine instead, well with only 1 wine glass there this was problematic so we had to buy our own. When we came back from dinner, we had left some lollies on the bench, we found the lollies moved behind the microwave and they had teeth marks in them. They had mice!!!! Mice poo in the cupboard under the sink. We tried twice to pay the next day but the reception was closed even when the sign said open so we rang Bruce. He arrived about 1 hour later, came in, made himself at home on the couch and asked us what the problem was with the cups, they were just a bit dirty and that we should not leave lollies out as that was why the mice came in. He also told us that we did not need to have the pool open as it was too cold to swim anyway and if we wanted to swim to go to the main pool in Echuca. He became very aggressive and when we went up to pay he was going to overcharge us and told us we must not have booked for 3 if we thought we could pay the price we quoted. Lucky we had our booking.com email with us. We will never come back here and Bruce should not be in the service industry. I still feel dirty just thinking of the mice and mice poo and we were not even offered any apologies or discounts.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hanneke J
Reviewed March 23, 2017

This place is not new but the position is close to everything you need and very quiet and comfortable. It has ceiling fans, air-con, garages, a pool, spa, BBQ area, playground, plenty of greenery, the units are roomy and well-equipped and a bargain to boot.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

Like others have mentioned the pool was dirty. The owner hadn't turned it on as promised. I managed to clean some leaves out. The owner was very rude when we contacted him re a power issue and said "what do you expect me to do about it ".

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Natalie K
Reviewed April 9, 2016

A fantastic base for a holiday on the Moama side of the beautiful Murray River. Two couples stayed two nights in a two bedroom, fully self-contained villa. Generous parking with lock up garage. Close to all facilities and adventures the Echuca/Moama has to offer.

Stayed: March 2016
Reviewed January 1, 2016 via mobile

I have stayed a few times at Birralee so I would say I am regular. The owner is Bruce who has no idea on customer service. The units are a good size however are in need of a upgrade. I stayed with 3 girlfriends and the unit we had was terrible. The curtains in the kitchen were gray and ripped. The bathroom sink was rusty and when you put the tap on water overflowed everywhere. These are minor things however we had a pullout bed and saw the disgrace of the mattress it had stains all over it. Spoke to Bruce about these things and he was very rude and said to me what is the big deal. He also told me I was causing trouble and started to yell at me. I asked him not yell at me it wasn't appropriate I am sixty year old woman there was no need for that sort of response. He told me never to come back I was so disappointed in his attitude considering I used these units a couple of times a year and I have been a regular for six years. I certainly will never use this place again.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends