All reviews great location car park apartment was clean washing machine and dryer restaurants and bars mini bar within walking distance would stay again across the road per day secure parking business trip central location honeysuckle bedroom balcony waterfront
Reviewed October 5, 2016

Stayed here for 4 weeks during a short-term business assignment. The hotel staff were always extremely helpful, and it was obvious that many of my colleagues had visited this hotel before - with the checkin/out process very streamlined. Every morning at 6.30AM I would go downstairs for breakfast and be greeted by a very warm welcome (even though I'm sure the staff member was finishing off a long evening shift). Complimentary machine made coffee is offered at breakfast. If the reception was busy, and the coffee was delayed by no more than 5 minutes, my coffee was delivered in a takeaway cup - to ensure I was not delayed on my way to work. In the 4th week of my stay, I was greeted by a lovely handwritten note and gift thanking me for my loyalty. Overall, a very nice modern hotel, very close to many restaurants and the harbour. I know there's many other hotels located close by. However, if you're like me, and appreciate the little extra things staff are willing to do to make sure your stay is as great as it can be, then I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
NEWMGR, Manager at Chifley Apartments Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2016

Thank you Robert for your lovely feedback!

How very rewarding it is to hear of these experiences. I will pass your praise on to my front office team, especially to Thomas who must have made your early morning coffees :)

We hope to see you again soon.

Assistant Manager

Reviewed September 28, 2016 via mobile

Staff extremely helpful at front desk. Had a great room that looked mover a small vineyard and really set it off the nigh scape. Very Close to great cafes and no worries about street safety as you can walk anywhere at night and feel safe. It's central and close to everything but quiet at night.
The beds are comfortable and the layout is great. I'm asking for this place next time I'm in town for business.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Geoff A
NEWMGR, General Manager at Chifley Apartments Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2016

Dear Geoff A,

The Chifley team is very pleased to receive such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that your experience was of a 5 star standard and would love to welcome you back soon. In light of your kind words, please email me directly to receive a 10% discount on your next stay (marcia.willner@chifleyhotels.com).

Warm regards,
Marcia Willner

Reviewed September 16, 2016 via mobile

Was a short overnight stay hotel was clean staff very nice everything you needed the only thing is breakfast needed a different approach but was nice overall i would stay here again right need pubs food etc.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
NEWMGR, General Manager at Chifley Apartments Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2016

Dear muzza97,

It's wonderful to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay at the apartments and found our team to be very friendly. We thought you might like to know that we are currently improving our buffet to revamp the "healthy start" breakfast.
If you have time, I'd love to hear your suggestions. Feel free to send me an email:
marcia.willner@chifleyhotels.com
We look forward to welcoming you back to Newcastle very soon.

Warm regards,
Marcia Willner
Chifley Apartments Newcastle

Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for a period on business, the appartments are shared with residential units which makes parking a bit of a pain, especially on weekends, as there are no allocated bays to units and its first in first served and seem to over book the parking for guests.

The location on Honeysuckle is the highlight, as there are plenty of dinning options in addition to being able to walk and enjoy the location near the port and water. Be mindful that it is a busy Port (24hrs) and the Ships sound their horns and helicopters also operate just across, which brings me to a couple of issues with the Chifley, sound and light.

This building appears to be built to a budget and not any sort of standard ( excluding minimum ones) it will not age well and the appartments look cheap. I stayed in a Deluxe Queen, facing East, it doesn't have blackout curtains, just roll down blinds that allow the light to filter through too much, it's like have a full moon inside:) it wouldn't be such an issue but the bedroom has a glass wall and door.

Sound insulation is at a minimum, and outside noise comes through, so bring the ear plugs.

The apartments only get Serviced every 3 days and is only limited to making the bed and replacing the towels and a bit of a tidy in the kitchenette area. An oddity was clean face washers were put in the bathroom, but on each occasion the dirty ones were left there.

My suggestion is to also replenish the mini bar, easy money. Not once was it re-filled, thus saving myself some money.

Strange arrangement with the gym, houses a physical trainer whom has his own clients, most of the equipment is off limits. I would suggest casual visits to a The Forum just down the road instead of the in house one.

I would only recommend the Chifley for weekends if you have something on locally and just need bed etc, for business, I would consider elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
NEWMGR, Manager at Chifley Apartments Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2016

Good Afternoon brainsurgen,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is disappointing to see that we did not meet your expectations, however we value the feedback nonetheless.

Our front office staff issue a welcome letter to new guests on check-in, enabling them to familiarise themselves with the services provided by the hotel. As our apartments are fully self-contained and equipped with their own private laundry, servicing is performed every three days by housekeeping. Should you require additional housekeeping services, this can be arranged with reception for a small fee. Additionally, mini bars are replaced on departure to minimise disturbances to guests, yet daily replenishment can also be arranged with reception.

I apologise that you found it difficult to find a park in the secure underground garage, however there are a number of "overflow spaces" available when the hotel is at full capacity. Next time please seek assistance from one of our friendly staff who would be more than happy to direct you to an appropriate space for the evening.

We do hope that you reconsider staying with us on your next business venture. We have many regular corporate guests that are happy with the services provided by the hotel and have been returning to us for years.

Reviewed September 7, 2016

Stayed at the Chifley apartments for a little over a week after a terrible experience with another apartment in town. Such a breath of fresh air. The rooms were clean and comfortable, free wi-fi, and were serviced every 3 days. Cannot fault this place, the staff were all great. Especially Nicole (thank you!!). I travel to Newcastle now regularly for business and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Good Afternoon Rob B,

Thank you for your outstanding review of the property! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff take pride in the cleanliness and spaciousness of the apartments and it's so nice to hear such positive feedback. Your kind words will be passed on to Nicole :)

We look forward to your return.