All reviews water saving private hospital petrol station glebe road hand washing coles express mary ellen chinese restaurant next door service station next door free wifi busy road family room bbq area main road comfortable beds foxtel channels pacific highway
Reviewed March 21, 2018

We stopped in for a night on our way up the coast and it was probably further from the highway than I realised but I have no regrets. The bedding was the best in this price range I have ever encountered. The mattress, linen and pillows were clean, soft and fresh. The room was also very modern, spacious and clean. It definitely felt more like a hotel than a motel but with all the things you want in the latter. The staff were helpful and friendly both late at night and early in the morning. The breakfast was good and reasonably priced. The Chinese takeout next door was amazing and everything else we needed was at the service station next door. Oh and of course the kids loved the Foxtel. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ground floor easier with lots of bags
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Merewether Motel for a long weekend.
We found the room to be very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and quick to help.
The Motel was very well located. Close to near by restaurants and clubs if you wanted to have a quieter night close by.
Would highly recommend and if need be we would certainly stay again

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2018

Always a pleasure staying at the unpretentious Merewether Motel. A stone's throw from the beach, shopping centre and gorgeous cafes and restaurants. I travelled there with my sister on the Saturday and they are always so accommodating and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2018

Motel was very clean, tidy and well maintained. Room service breakfast good and reasonably priced. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Only criticism I could make is that 'standard' queen rooms are very very small and claustrophobic. Would not recommend these for more than a overnight night stay. Not sure if 'deluxe' rooms are any bigger but they do appear to have a big windows and a balcony at least to let some daylight in.

Location is neither good nor bad. One very nice pub in walking distance for good meals but not much else close by.

Pool was nice. However spa is not heated and you have to ask reception to turn it on.

Room Tip: Do not pick 'standard' room for anything more than an overnighter
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2018

This is a renovated motel, so has some anachronistic features. It's on a very busy road; my room overlooked the back of the adjacent service station. If you're worried about traffic noise, it may not be ideal for you. I had the aircon on all night, and that was pretty noisy too. However, the bed was comfy, the shower was good and there was a little table where I could eat my takeaway. There are good eating options within walking distance, and driving down Glebe Road takes you right into Darley Street, which is Newcastle's grooviest (short) strip.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo