1,764 results
All reviewsroom was cleanshopping centrecentral locationking bedgood sizepleasant staycar parkingbusiness tripwould stay againaccommodationkfccbdmicrowaveeaterieswaterfronthoneysuckle
Reviewed January 28, 2016

I booked online on a Tuesday (Chooseday) so got a good deal and a free optional bonus (I chose late check out). Staff are very friendly and I was given an early check in. There's Happy Hour in the bar for $5 house drinks 5-6pm. I had room 523 with a city view (but they all are as there aren't buildings next door). I like the big rooms at Travelodge and this one had large windows as well. Everything was clean and newish and in working order. The room had air con but also open windows which I prefer for sleeping. I like that for a few dollars more than most cheap hotels, you get a big room, a sofa and desk, and a kettle/fridge/microwave. I think though the instant coffee provided is horrible. The hotel is in a pretty grimey location, but in easy reach to everything by the free city bus service, and is across the road from Markettown shopping centre.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Megan S, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2016

Dear Christine B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm so pleased to read that you enjoyed our clean, comfortable rooms & were able to take advantage of our great Travelodge Chooseday offer! I appreciate your feedback about the coffee provided- we will definitely look into this! If you prefer a "real" coffee, we do also have espresso coffee available at the bar. We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Newcastle again soon!

Kind regards,

Linsey Skelton
Hotel Duty Manager

Reviewed January 26, 2016

If your thinking about staying here i con tell you know you will be comfortable, with off street parking ($15 a day) and nice comfortable king size beds and clean rooms. I stay 6 nights here and would recommend it for anyone.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Megan S, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2016

Dear 842carlym,

Thank you for your 5 star review! I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay in our comfortable rooms. I hope we can welcome you back again in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 25, 2016

We stayed for two nights. Stay was very good. Didn't need room service, because we had everything we needed (except Wi-Fi in our room). I think we'll stay again, only we'll make sure to try some of the food on offer. Thanks Travelodge. You made our holiday worthwhile.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Megan S, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2016

Dear Q5362AEjasonk,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are currently in the process of looking into providing Wi-Fi in all rooms of the hotel. For guest who require internet access in their rooms we do currently have cable internet available or Wi-Fi in the lobby and reception. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again and you can enjoy dinner I the Sienna Restaurant.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 25, 2016

Very good location can walk to Darby St, Civic Theater, etc. opposite Market Town shopping center. Very comfortable king size bed, good sized room and bathroom, will stay again if I visit the Newcastle CBD.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear meganF838BP,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It's terrific to hear you enjoyed your stay in our comfortable rooms. We are very lucky to be located in such a central part of Newcastle. If you stay again please do not hesitate to ask the reception team for suggestions of great cafes and tourist spots in our area. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 24, 2016

A party of 50 young adults were allowed by the night porter to run amok in the corridors screaming and shouting all night, my family and i had three rooms in different parts of the hotel and none of us slept. In the morning we were unsympathetically told that we had paid for a room, we had stayed in the room we were being charged for the room. Clearly the provision of an environment for actually enabling guests to sleep is very low on the priority over the monetary gain of large parties. The policy around large parties staying is only lip service as the night porter was called consistently over the night and made no different to the shouting, door banging, loud music, screaming, and drinking. We will never ever stay here again, and I suggest you look elsewhere for somewhere to stay.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Megan S, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2016

Dear S2528GCcarolr,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I am very sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay. Our guests’ comfort is our utmost priority, and while unfortunately some guests do behave inconsiderately we do our best to respond to any issues that arise. We take noise complaints very seriously, and our night team have a zero tolerance policy on this matter. I have followed up on your feedback with our night team members, who did not report any large groups causing a disturbance in the past few weeks. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel to further discuss the details of your stay. I can be reached via email mpemberton@travelodge.com.au or phone 02 4926 3777.

Kind regards