All reviews motor lodge the owner manager bbq area place to stay road noise stayed here hot water centre of town room was clean room service good size kfc tavern ophir vijay motel kettle
Reviewed June 18, 2018

When my husband arrived at this motel he was given a choice of 2 rooms as we went to Orange so I could have day surgery. I am also disabled. The manager was so helpful in every way possible to help me. The room was very spacious and clean, and the bed very comfortable.

Room tip: All rooms are easily accessible
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trish4372
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

The location was good, the rooms were a bit run down but clean. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. Beware the fast food outlets on either side of the hotel if you have kids, they wanted it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at orange motor lodge during food week . Location is perfect , 3 mins walk to food shop, bottle o, pubs , Situated between McD and KFC , rooms are so clean and with almost all amenities , great value.friendly staff, shower is best , fresh milk in the room , normally motels are not provide fresh milk in the room. Room service , laundry and for large group they have allocated BBQ area as well.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed April 9, 2018

I stayed here during F.O.O.D. (“Food of Orange District”) Week.

Arriving around 12.30pm I had expected to drop my bags at Reception and check in later on, however I was immediately allocated Room 12 – which had not finished being cleaned. After chatting to the cleaner, I left my bags in the room and went “out and about” in Orange.

When I returned later in the day, I found the room to be clean and well-presented. It was equipped with a toaster, microwave oven, refrigerator, iron, ironing board, hairdryer (fixed to the bathroom wall) and plenty of tea, coffee and sugar sachets. A spare blanket is provided. The room was air-conditioned and guests can control the temperature in their room. The television has a better range of Foxtel channels than can be found in most motels in this price bracket – even the “History” channel can be viewed!

The bathroom was good. There was a toilet, vanity unit and a large shower recess. Hot water is plentiful and the water pressure is great. The tile around the collar of the cold water tap was broken and when showering water dripped into the hole. At some point this will undoubtedly pose a problem. Soap, shampoo and conditioner are in dispensers however the hotel also provides those little “rounds” of soap if you prefer to use those (or, like me have difficulty using dispensers because of arthritis in my fingers).

Unfortunately, the layout of the bathroom is such that one cannot stand in front of the vanity and open its doors – one must stand to one side and reach over the doors to access the shelving. I have long arms so this didn’t pose to much of a problem, however people with shorter arms or who are in some way do not have full function of their arms would have great difficulty.

There was also no sink plug. I know these tend to “walk” from hotel rooms however there should be regular checks made and if a room is found to be “sans plug” it should be replaced.

Unfortunately, the kettle didn’t fit easily under the vanity unit’s tap however with a bit of “juggling and jiggling around” I managed to force the kettle under the tap to fill it. Unfortunately, removing the kettle from underneath the tap proved a bit more of a problem and resulted in a lot of wasted water. Having a kettle that can’t readily fit under a tap shows a lack of attention to detail.

Having purchased a lot of items during my stay in Orange I ran out of room on the cupboard shelf. I put my wet pack on top of the cupboard however when I removed it it took quite lot of dust with it. I would suggest the tops of the cupboards be given a regular dust – perhaps even only once a week or so.

The motel is situated on the Bathurst Road (Mitchell Highway) however I didn’t hear any road noise. My room (12) was towards the rear of the motel however guests occupying rooms at the front may not be so lucky.

There are McDonalds, Red Rooster and KFC outlets within only a few minutes walk. An outlet of Hungry Jacks is situated further away (heading towards the Orange CBD).

If you want a pub, the Ophir Tavern is also within walking distance. There is a bottle shop attached to the pub.

The motel is about a twenty-minute walk from the Orange CBD.

Room tip: Ask for a room towards to rear of the hotel
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
OverlanderIndian, Front Office Manager at Orange Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

We thank you Bronwyn for the huge effort you put in writing your review of our motel. You have covered everything and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay and loved our city!

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

It’s a lovely place to stay, cleaners are very funny and helpful, well maintain place, the owners are well friendly and will help you with anything. So if you ever need a hotel to stay in, refer this place.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
OverlanderIndian, Front Office Manager at Orange Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2018

Thank you Ryan for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your recent stay.