This year my family decided to do something different for Christmas so I booked rooms online for my family. They were not cheap but I thought it would be worth it. I was not disappointed.
The website is ok but really undersells this resort. The resort has fabulous activities including a huge indoor pool, a spa, a sauna, a well equipped gym, tennis courts, a full size pool table, a petting zoo and an organic vegetable patch where you are encouraged to pick your own vegetables.
After booking, I had to ring to make some changes and I was so disappointed to find their phone system is atrocious. It took 28minutes before someone answered and the person who answered was in the USA, she did her best to help but sId she would call me back, she didn’t. I had to follow up twice more before I got through after waiting 30minutes each time.
When I did get through, the staff were efficient and professional. I requested a room where we could bring our dog, a toy poodle. They had a room to cater for dogs and the room had its own fenced yard so the dog could wander outside. It was wonderful and the additional cleaning fee for bringing a dog that was not a service dog was worth it.
Upon arrival on Christmas Day we were met by a manager in a fabulous Christmas suit who showed us to our rooms. We were all happy and excited to be there. The place was just beautiful, so very pretty. Our rooms were recently renovated, large and sparkling clean. Beautiful! Although a small Christmas gift on our pillows would have added that special touch.
Every staff member was wonderful. They were each friendly, happy, efficient and although they gave up their Christmas to serve us, they were just delightful.
We did Christmas lunch at the hotel, which I have reviewed separately and breakfast the next day was lovely.
Before leaving to travel home we picked organic veggies from the garden to take with us, a nice touch!
Will I return? The answer is I loved it so probably yes but there are so many places to stay in The Hunter Vineyards,I want to try a few others. This, however, is the one that the others have to live up too. Thank you for a wonderful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the luxury and refinement of one of the Hunter Valley’s most prestigious estates. Situated on 70 acres of rolling countryside with spectacular mountain views. Kirkton Park is boutique hotel that blends classic elegance and charm with contemporary style. Stroll through manicured gardens, breathe in the fresh air make the most of our fitness centre and tennis courts. Or simply luxuriate in our impressive Grecian style heated indoor pool, spa and sauna. Only two hours drive north of Sydney, Kirkton Park is also a convenient venue for meetings, conferences and weddings. Versatile indoor and outdoor spaces to choose from, as well as mouth-watering food and beverage menus. The hotel also acts as your base from which to explore the delights of the Hunter Valley region. Discover boutique wineries, sample local cheeses and visit the magnificent Hunter Valley Gardens. Kirkton Park is your luxurious retreat in the heart of the Hunter Valley wine region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin, Australia