“A Pleasantly Surprising Experience.”

Oriental Spoon Korean Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 256 Restaurants in Port Macquarie
Price range: US$7 - US$36
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Our grandson suggested that we try Korean food at this restaurant so we thought that we would give it a go. What a pleasant surprise. The meals were tasty with a little spice to lift it to another level. The menu was more than adequate with dishes to meet every taste and the Chef was quite willing to reasonably alter the dishes to satisfy special requirements. Coupled with a nice bottle of wine the meal went down well with the price doing the same. We will return.

1  Thank Kenneth J

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Dined at this place last night, the food was top quality, so fresh & our waitress Jade was amazing, nothing was an issue & even with a full restaurant she made sure everyone was well looked after, even though the restaurant was understaffed she was extremely organised! Would highly recommend this place to everyone!

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Came in and ordered some takeaway, ordered Spicy Pork, Bulgoogi Beef and Karage chicken. Initially I felt the prices were over top but felt I’ll wait and see what it taste like. Maybe the taste will justify the price. This wasn’t the case!

What surprised me the most was the meagre meal sizes but I was even more surprised when I opened the Karage Chicken and found 10 of the smallest pieces of chicken I’ve ever seen, even smaller than a piece of popcorn chicken from KFC.

Anyway, it got worse from there because I thought I’ll give the restaurant a call and atleast let them know I wasn’t happy with this. So I spoke to Jade and what a piece of work she is, I told her the problem and her first response was “well so what would you like me to do about” in an annoyed tone and when I called her on it she said “Well I am very busy serving 7 tables on a public holiday and didn’t have time for this”. I would have thought 7 tables was not that busy but that’s beside the point.

Obviously take away customers are not high on the priority order especially once they’ve got your money. If this is a reflection of this restaurants attitude to customers through their representatives then I’ll be notifying all locals Within my circle of friends of this.

As for this girl, she has her whole career ahead of her and I’d suggest she needs a good lesson in customer service and a good wake up call.

Regards
TB

2  Thank Tony B
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

I have difficulty in deciding which was my favourite. We had the spicy pork, beef bulgogi, chicken bibimbap, pork japchae and a side of Kimchi. All were delicious, for me the bibimbap came out tops with the seaweed and torfu giving it a salty fishy flavour which was really tasty. Deirdre voted for the spicy pork. Recommend

Reviewed March 23, 2018

We dined with friends, a large group. One of us ordered for the group and everything I tasted was delicious. Service was a touch haphazard but no big problem. I would definitely return.