“Excellent service very ordinary food”
Review of Centro CBD

Centro CBD
Ranked #62 of 471 Restaurants in Wollongong
Price range: US$13 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Centro CBD has been serving Italian cuisine in Wollongong for more than 3 decades. Experience sensational flavours that are inspired from our Italian heritage and indulge the palate with both classic and modern dishes that range from various regions of Italy.House made Gnocchi, rich ragùs, fresh seafood and varied meat and game dishes beautifully craftedThe restaurant has a modern feel with a stunning backdrop of Venice, a bar typical of Italy where you can enjoy a pre dinner aperitif or cocktail and an olive grove courtyard for the Italian tradition of “alfresco” dining.To compliment and enhance the flavours of our cuisine we have carefully chosen a variety of Italian and Australian Wines for you to select from.
Reviewed February 24, 2017 via mobile

I have spent some time reading other reviews of this restaurant and my experience does not seem to match. I rarely write poor reviews however I have eaten a lot of Italian food and judging on what I had in my opinion, not only was it not good food for the dollars paid, it was not very Italian. My partner described his food as not up to standard for Italian. Why didn't we complain? - with a couple of friends and wanted the night to go well.
On the bright side the service was excellent. Attentive but unobtrusive. Very well done. Parking is also very good with a large parking station next door.
Wollongong has a lot of good restaurants. So saying, my meal wasn't even good enough to temp me back for another go.

Reviewed February 2, 2017 via mobile

This is with out a doubt the best Italian restaurant in Wollongong. Fantastic menu staff are just the best. Location is stewart street very close to every thing. It's got me

Reviewed January 29, 2017

I visited Centro with a few colleagues for lunch in January. Everyone enjoyed the food. I had a risotto which was excellent. The service was professional and friendly. If you are in Wollongong it is a great place for a business lunch.

Reviewed January 14, 2017

After reading some of the reviews for this restaurant I have a feeling I must have my locations mixed up. But alas it was Centro CBD that a group of 10 people were very disappointed with just about every aspect of this restaurant.The waiters were not cheerful and seemed to resent our presence.. The meals were overpriced and very small servings and all side dishes were extra. Now I know this is called fine dining but really the meals were a joke. The only saving grace was that the staff at the bar were very friendly. I hope that this was just a one off situation!

2  Thank David L
Reviewed December 19, 2016

I like being a return patron when the service and the food is great. I have now been to Centro CBD probably six times now and it won't be the last. Every time we eat there, the service and the food has always bee the same - great. thoroughly recommend this restaurant.