All reviews separate area free wifi highway motel beds
Reviewed May 2, 2018 via mobile

We've been trying different motels in Mackay out looking for one to become our regular home away from home when we're here. Well we've found it at long last. David, Bebe and Bron have been so warm and welcoming it has been wonderful. Bebe made a real connection with our son, who is on the spectrum, and he has really enjoyed our short stay.
Our room is comfortable, well appointed and neat. When we arrived the windows were open and it smelt fresh and it's nice to have generously sized soft towels!
We ate at the restaurant both nights, and one breakfast, and have been very impressed with the quality of the food and the service. Even if you're not staying at the motel, you really should give the Blue Gecko restaurant a go.
Look forward to our next stay!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
SpeerMRM, Manager at Mackay Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review Kel, it was a pleasure having you here. We are very pleased that you found our motel welcoming and comfortable - this is what we strive for every day. I have passed on your compliments to our chef as well. She was very happy to hear your comments, thank you. See you next time!

Reviewed April 20, 2018

All facilities excellent. Rooms and restaurant great value value for money.
Managers Dave and Bebe were very friendly and helpful. We were very happy with our first stay and that is why we came back later, on two occasions. This motel is highly recommended.

Russ S.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you rsherrington166! You and your lovely wife are always very welcome here, and we look forward to your next trip. Thank you so much for your kind words, we are very happy that you enjoyed staying with us.

Reviewed April 12, 2018

Needed to change motels after the one I booked was not what I expected and I needed to extend by a day as business was not complete, seemed too much a problem for the motel I was in.
Booked in by the friendliest staff you could want to meet. Checked in Early as I was without my car. (even though I was only staying one day)

Great Restaurant. Nice neat clean room.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
SpeerMRM, Manager at Mackay Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2018

Thank you Karyn, it was a pleasure to have you guys stay with us, and we were more than happy to accommodate your early arrival. We always strive to deliver friendly and efficient service, and we are very happy to receive such positive feedback. We are also glad you enjoyed your meal in our lovely restaurant. Hope to see you both again soon. David & Bebe

Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

Nice clean rooms with everything you could need. Found bed a little uncomfortable but couldn’t pin point why. Staff polite and friendly. Wish breakfast could be served earlier than 7am in restaurant as I need to be on road just after 7am and I am not a fan of room service. Nice to be able to get vehicle under cover when it rained.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jayne D
SpeerMRM, Owner at Mackay Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2018

Thanks for your feedback Jayne.

We serve Room Service from 06:30 for breakfast which allows us to serve early starters before the Restaurant gets busy and the Reception gets busy with Departures. We will take your preference on board and ask other regular guests to ascertain if there is a need for this extra time (which amounts to extra costs for us which is not viable if this is not a preference for a majority).

Safe travels
Melissa

Reviewed January 13, 2018

I have stayed at the Mackay Resort Motel many times (especially recently with frequent need for hospital visits with children). The location from the hospital is perfect. We have been staying at the Mackay Resort Motel for a long time however must say the new managers are very friendly and helpful at all times, even the smallest requests they are happy to help. If I have any problems at all during my stay I have always gone and seen the managers and they have always do their very best to ensure our needs are met. Always clean, tidy and comfortable. The best attribute this motel has is its separate area within the rooms for the kids to chill at one end with their own tv and we can watch our shows at our end. Very private. The kids love swimming in the pool and the meals are always good!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
SpeerMRM, Owner at Mackay Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are doing our best to ensure not only the facilities are first class, but the service is as well. We are pleased to hear that you noticed our efforts on this occasion. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Kind regards