“Best Indian food!!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We have lived across the world and love Indian food. This food is second to none! Service great. There is a choice of degrees of VINDALOO !! My husband is a vindaloo eater and even he cant eat the hottest!! Fabulous place!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Mackay used to (and to a point still does) suffer from a remarkable lack of restaurants. When this place opened up it was swarmed!!! And rightly so, people go back. The food is amazing, the place is a bit too crowded with chairs if I have to be honest, if they could take a table out in each row I believe it would be more comfortable for others because its only small but they have a lovely couch area for takeaways so no standing for those people (which looks horrid in restaurants). Service - ah, not the best, will be honest. Like one Mackay reviewer, I have had to wait 25 minutes but I don't whinge about this because it really isn't a huge issue for me, I use this as catchup mode for friends or whatever. During meal time the service is still a bit to be desired but again, it wouldn't cause me NOT to go back - the food is too good for that. Yes, lets talk about THE FOOD!!! O.M.GGGGG!!!! We tried (hubby and me) the banquet once - oohh la la! Loved it, was a bit too much food but got the rest takeaway so that is fine. Loved the spices and flavouring (and YES, they do have lots of flavour guys, one persons review is interesting compared to everyone elses so I can't quite understand that. Maybe it is their taste buds - no offence to the reviewer but they haven't been back for a second go). Anyway, this place is always full and that, in itself, is a testament to the place.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Tasty Indian that Mackay has lacked until recently, with friendly atmosphere and decore not usually found in this country town

Reviewed February 7, 2012

best Indian in town!! All the dishes have the fantastic authentic flavours!
great for family dinner or a intimate date. Beautiful restaurant

Reviewed February 7, 2012

For great value go for one of the banquets. love the food and never leave here feeling hungry.