“Needs work ”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I've visited this establishment about 4 times in the last 6 months. Including this morning for brekkie. I don't want to leave a nasty review. Just a bit of constructive criticism perhaps.
My French toast this morning had bits of burnt onion on it from other brekkies cooked on the same grill. I had to ask for my maple syrup which was supposed to be with it. Coffees took half an hour.
Previous visits we've sat on the deck. Once you have food no one came back near us. We would have really loved more coffees. So we went to pay and staff are chatting about uni and social lives.
I really want to like this place and spend money there. I keep going back hoping things have gotten better.
With a busy carnival time I hope your staff and food presentation get a bit better.
There's really so much more potential here and you're missing the mark.

1  Thank Kaitly

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Last night was very cold in Toowoomba so we wanted to have dinner somewhere with a fire place. No problems getting a reservation on a Saturday night which was great. We rang at 6:00pm and booked for 7:00pm. Asked for a table for two by the fire which we were shown to when we arrived. Very quick service, friendly, polite. We both ordered the lamb rump which was beautiful. I swapped out the mushrooms and asked for sweet potato...no problem. The waitress went out of her way to help. Meals arrived very quickly....beautifully presented, perfect size, great temperature and delicious. We would have been in and out within the hour. We were very impressed and will be dining at Urban Grounds again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

For lunch, dinner or simply afternoon tea you would be hard pressed to find a place that offers excellent food and service at such a great price. We have dined at this restaurant a number of times over the years when visiting Toowoomba and it never disappoints.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

What a great night!! With over 30 guests in our party no one could fault the meals or the service. I would definitely recommend Urban Grounds for any function or large family gathering

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Four of us enjoyed good quality food in a pleasant atmosphere around the fire. Steak, chicken and lamb all with plenty of flavour, although the lamb rump was cooked to varying degrees throughout.

Good service and delivery of meals.

The only gripe is the $10 per bottle corkage when the wine list is so limited - just 5 reds. An unreasonable corkage when forced to BYO by the poor options.

But we went for the food and atmosphere, so still recommend.