“Considerate and tasty”

Thai Royal Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 356 Restaurants in Toowoomba
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Thai Royal is an authentic, family owned Thai restaurant in Toowoomba, Queensland.The business has been established for over 10 years and has become a favorite haunt for Toowoomba diners craving traditional Thai food.All of our dishes are freshly prepared from scratch by our experienced chefs with the greatest of care and attention to detail. Our menu offers a range of dishes to suit all tastes and preferences.The superior quality and flavor our the food we serve is no coincidence - Our chef, who is an owner of the business, was one of the first Thai chefs in Brisbane. He has over 30 years experience as a chef - 10 years in Thailand and 22 years in Australia.The restaurant is located at Southtown Shopping Centre, on South St at the corner of Ramsay St. Our customers can choose to dine indoors or on our extensive patio.Our restaurant is BYO-only, so we invite our guests to bring their favorite bottle of wine to enjoy with their meals.Whether you are looking for a romantic dinner for two, or a large function booking, we invite you to come and experience our traditional Thai food which we know you will enjoy.
Reviewed January 12, 2018

Popped in for a first time lunch. The service was friendly, and the food was tasty and well priced. The lunch special (nice and spicy pork) came with rice but I was trying to avoid rice and they were very accomodating, swapping over with veges for a very modest charge. Enjoyed the experience and would happily return.

Reviewed December 15, 2017 via mobile

My partner loves Thai and we dropped by at 7pm to see if we could get a table, just as another couple were leaving.

Being December there were a lot of Xmas parties going on.

Service was ok, with a few tables needing to be moved and reset so that’s why it took 20 minutes for our order to be taken.

This place does a lot of take away meaning people are standing inside and outside waiting for their orders.

BYO and we took a bottle of red to enjoy with our dinner.

Our food was excellent and my partner especially enjoyed her meal but my fried rice was 4 x the cost of her boiled rice.

This is our third visit in 3 years and I suspect we will get a hunger for Thai and we will be back.

Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

I am quite particular with Thai cuisine and have had my fair share of dismal plates of fried things being sold off as a Thai stir fry.

My gauge of how good a thai place is, is sampling their version of chilli basil stir fry- and i rate on flavour and chillies!
I love spicy food and where there are people going red and breathless at other tables i would be scornfully rolling my eyes... not here though!
The perfect hit of flavour and heat Royal Thai did not disappoint!

I had the Tom Yum soup ) once with chicken, the next time with their signature prawn). This soup blew my mind! Absolutely worth having, i asked for “Thai Hot” and was not disappointed.

The chilli basil stir fry was delicious, i’ve tried the chicken and also the lamb. Absolutely top rated, has to be hands down the best i’ve EVER had.

Fried ice cream was the perfect way to end these meals- some much needed relief from all that heat.

Delicious food, nice ambience, super friendly staff and amazing service... I was in Toowoomba for only two weeks and came here twice.

A definite must do!

1  Thank drtasveer
Reviewed December 6, 2017

I like to go here on weekends for the lunchtime specials. Chicken Cashew nut is one of my favourites as well as the sticky rice and custard dessert.

Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

Sweet and sour pork with coconut rice was my main dish whilst my friend had pad Thai. (Noodle dish) The servings were large and very good for the price paid. Drinks available in the restaurant. Parking available at the front of the venue or on the street. Very friendly polite staff with prompt service. Bottled water served to table. The quiet atmosphere is great for talking and having a nice socializing visit.
Definitely recommend and will visit again.