“Beware customers of being ripped off!”
Review of Blue Ginger - CLOSED

Blue Ginger
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed December 30, 2014

My family and I were served by an obnoxious Chinese man who clearly needed to find a way to rip us off. We ordered about 4 meals which came to a total of $45 which was fine but then charged an extra $25 ($5 per person) for 'clear soup' which is basically chicken broth that is generally served for free in most Chinese eateries. I have paid $1 at the most (if not free) for clear soup but $25? Really? When I questioned this, the Chinese man who is most probably the miserable owner, stood there and was adamant to argue with me saying "Customers are not always right". This experience was quite laughable. You can have my $25 sir, as you clearly are not making enough profit that you need to be unethical and rip your customers off. Good luck to this lonely little Chinese Restaurant. You clearly need it.

Reviewed December 28, 2014

The flavour was evidently enhanced by MSG, being refused another set of cutlery as the Chinese owner was adamant that he had set the table correctly, and being charged $5 each small bowl for nothing but chicken stock hot broth which is normally served as complimentary even in Chinatown, this establishment is an absolute disgrace and gives a bad name for other more value-for-money Adelaide restaurants that is more worthy of a visit.

2  Thank ubiquitous74
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We opted for take-away. Meal piping hot and tasty. Wether it was true authentic dishes, i don't know. fact is we enjoyed the pud Thai and s&p squid and we would return.

1  Thank Dino-nate
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The Menu read very well and my expectations were high - probably wrong to start with. The food was not as presented on the menu & I felt the flavors of at least one of the dishes was completely wrong ( wrong sauce, missing something) dish was left uneaten. No comment made asking why. With the number of eateries in Glenelg I would have thought more care would have been taken with both food and service.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is a good value Chinese-Malaysian restaurant in Glenelg near the beach. Food is good for the price and it's clean.