“affordable lunch in Glenelg”
Review of Blue Ginger - CLOSED

Blue Ginger
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed February 1, 2015

We go about once a month. My husband loves the Singapore Noodles. I like all of their lunch specials, a filling serve for $9.90
Warning: they do not cope well with groups of more than 6- 1 was forgotten and 2 were served luke warm and the dumplings are mediocre.

Reviewed January 5, 2015

Had a really good lunch here from the 9.90$ menu. Thoroughly enjoyed it and would highly recommend it

Reviewed January 4, 2015

I was absolutely flabbergasted when the owner said to us that he won't serve us food if we were going to share a plate of Kway Teow!!!! I get that they are trying to do business but there was absolutely no need for him to be rude. The service from start to end was poor. He had a younger staff member working there who could have been his daughter. She was just lazy and wouldn't even walk out from the counter to find us a table. All he could have said to us is that the serving is small and that he will give us a larger plate but would cost more and I would have been happy with that. I don't think any eatery has the right to dictate how much or what a customer should order. Its sad that Asian places always use such cheap tactics. A shrewd owner of an average cafe in a narrow alley!!!

Reviewed December 30, 2014

My family and I were served by an obnoxious Chinese man who clearly needed to find a way to rip us off. We ordered about 4 meals which came to a total of $45 which was fine but then charged an extra $25 ($5 per person) for 'clear soup' which is basically chicken broth that is generally served for free in most Chinese eateries. I have paid $1 at the most (if not free) for clear soup but $25? Really? When I questioned this, the Chinese man who is most probably the miserable owner, stood there and was adamant to argue with me saying "Customers are not always right". This experience was quite laughable. You can have my $25 sir, as you clearly are not making enough profit that you need to be unethical and rip your customers off. Good luck to this lonely little Chinese Restaurant. You clearly need it.

Reviewed December 28, 2014

The flavour was evidently enhanced by MSG, being refused another set of cutlery as the Chinese owner was adamant that he had set the table correctly, and being charged $5 each small bowl for nothing but chicken stock hot broth which is normally served as complimentary even in Chinatown, this establishment is an absolute disgrace and gives a bad name for other more value-for-money Adelaide restaurants that is more worthy of a visit.

2  Thank ubiquitous74