3,529 results
All reviews promenade restaurant winter wonderland grand bar great location ocean view cocktail lounge jetty road glenelg beach high tea buffet breakfast balcony room valet parking tram stop city adelaide concierge conference
Reviewed February 14, 2018

We had an wedding at the Hotel. The building and most of the staff overall were good but we had trouble with the wedding coordinator. Our contacts were not replied to in an timely manner, we had to remind her several times of details of our event, Some of the food that had been delivered for the wedding was not put out by staff and could not be found afterward and we received minimal apology for the expensive lost food.
Her Lack of communication made it very stressful as she could not be contacted till shortly before the start and the staff had not set up the room properly.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Aaronkeung
Jamie N, General Manager at Stamford Grand Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

Dear Aaronkeung,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey regarding your recent experience at Stamford Grand Adelaide.

It is disappointing to read your comments and I would like to assure you that this is not the standard here at Stamford Grand.

I have tried to contact you directly following your correspondence but haven't received a response as yet. I understand you may be busy but if you are able to contact me when you are available to discuss your concerns.

Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not meet all of your expectations.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed February 11, 2018

What a great hotel, first time at a Stamford Hotel and rate them amongst the best we have stayed anywhere.
Ocean view room was huge the balcony was huge, service was excellent we can highly recomend this Hotel for couples and families. Shame we leave today

Room tip: Ask for Ocean View Room
Trip type: Travelled on business
Jamie N, General Manager at Stamford Grand Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2018

Dear Peter,

It is fantastic to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you rate our hotel and team so highly! I will be sure to pass your comments along as we strive to provide an enjoyable and memorable experience and love to hear when we have achieved that.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in future and if there is anything we can do to make your next visit just as enjoyable please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Reviewed February 10, 2018

The Stamford Grand Adelaide has an excellent location, close to the sea and to Glenelg shopping and restaurants. Its beds are comfortable and the air-conditioning, very good. But so much still needs an upgrade. When I booked on its website, I was unable to revisit it to book concierge services. Instead, a number of phone calls and emails to the hotel was required. The payment procedure was confusing and reception staff lacked clarity on it, as well as the energy to explain it. My first impression of my one-bedroom apartment was of gloom and grayness. The lighting was poor and there was a lack of convenient powerpoints. The cleaning of the rooms was sub-standard with greasy marks on the wardrobes and residue on the sink. On the one occasion I ordered a room service meal - of curry puffs - they were heart-attack material. The laundry service was good with clothes clean and well-pressed. The TV's seem to have been set on such a low volume that I could not hear them and the remote control did not have a subtitles button to assist me. Overall, it was a disappointing experience and I would not stay at the Stamford again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Rosemary,

It is disappointing to read your comments on your recent stay with us. I will be sure to follow up your feedback with the relevant departments for noting and action.
Thank you for your comments as we are always looking for ways we can improve our guests experience and like to hear what we have done well and where we can develop.

We will be completing the refurbishment of our rooms this coming winter and will be sure to take your comments into consideration. We are also currently in the process of planning the redevelopment of the main areas of our hotel.

Whilst we cant undo your previous experience I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to provide you with an enjoyable and memorable stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectations, I would be happy to discuss your feedback further f you wish.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed February 8, 2018

Nice to see the renovations are over, refreshing feel to hotel, great staff, friendly, attentive and always happy to assist. Bathrooms excellent with amazing large shower. Lounge area relaxing environment. Great beds, really good night sleep.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jamie N, General Manager at Stamford Grand Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2018

Dear Helen,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning. I will be sure to pass your comments along to our team as you are correct they are the face of our hotel and we love to hear that they have made a great impression and helped you have a memorable stay.

I will be sure to take your comments to the relevant departments in regards to the speed of coffee service and having more viewing options available. Thank you for your comments as we are always looking at ways we can help improve our guests experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back in future. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can do to make your next stay just as enjoyable.

Reviewed February 8, 2018

Can’t fault the Stamford, it had and did everything we needed. Clean, comfortable and fantastic location. Everything at your door. The staff were friendly and very professional. We will be staying again.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear konk163,

It is fantastic to read your comments and that you enjoyed your stay with us during the Tour Down Under and that you will be returning. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team and I am pleased that they helped make your trip memorable.

We certainly are lucky to be in a wonderful beachfront location but still close to many shops and restaurants for our guest to explore.

I thank you for staying with at the Stamford Grand Adelaide. We look forward to welcoming you back and if there is anything we are able to do to make your next stay just as enjoyable please do not hesitate to contact us.