All reviews jetty road working order close to the airport beds were comfortable an early flight free wifi few minutes walk close to shops queen bed one night stay hotel room cafes and restaurants tram receptionist hairdryer function
Reviewed December 9, 2017

On checking in I was asked for a card to swipe. Nothing unusual about that but when I gave a debit card she asked for a credit card. Apparently you can't put a hold on a debit card. Never had this happen before. After some discussion the other receptionist said you can use the debit card but need to pay the full amount for the stay. I don't have a problem with that but the girl serving me still seemed to struggle with this. Eventually she asked for my licence so she could take a copy before she swiped my card for payment. Checking in took far too long. The location is great and for a one night stay the room was okay albeit dated. It was the bathroom I found very disappointing. I can cope with a place being old and tired but surely obvious problems like a rusty shower rail, mouldy shower curtain, bathroom door shabby and worn, ceiling cracked with holes and flaky paintwork is something that should come under routine maintenance. Would I stay there again? Probably not for the price I paid.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Alana W, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Haven Marina, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2017

Thank you for your time and thoughts we do appreciate the feedback on areas for improvement.

We do appologise to hear your check in was not a speedy process our staff we following our hotel policy.

We are quite surprised to hear of your comments and do apologise to hear that you feel you may not stay with us again. we will ensure to pass on your feedback onto our management team to have these issues rectified immediately.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

we came to stay here during the kid's school break, enjoyed the views around the Motel. price is reasonable and within reach. Breakfast is free, Pool a bit small and cold. end of the day, it's a nice place for a good night sleep after 9 hours of road travel.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Dear Jacana69,

Wow 4 star rating! Thank you for your time and thoughts we do appreciate the feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 26, 2017

I would never stay at this place again. I can live with it being old and tired but it was full of bugs, the plumbing leaked, holes in ceiling filled with toilet paper and to top it off... ordered Sourdough coffee and toast for breakfast at the restaurant to be to to get two slices of standard white bread and cook it myself in a $10 Kmart toaster???

Room Tip: Ask for bug spray
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Tim D,

We are quite surprised to hear of your comments we will ensure to pass on your feedback onto our food and beverage team to have these issues rectified immediately.

Reviewed November 15, 2017

Stayed here for several days. Our room overlooked the Marina so had a nice view but the traffic was a bit noisy at night. There was no balcony or anywhere nice outside to sit other than near the small pool. The motel is in need of renovation so if you want flash modern accommodation it probably wouldn't suit. We found the room to be comfortable and clean with everything in working order. The passageways outside seemed to amplify noise and we were woken up several times in the night by people coming back to their rooms after a night out. There is a cafe in the motel which looked quite good although we didn't go there. The staff were helpful. I found the dead pot plants outside the Reception area an unusual feature!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view are nice but may be noisy at night
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marilyn T

Dear Marilyn T,

Thank you for your time and thoughts we do appreciate the kind words and feedback on areas for improvement.

The hotel in the future will be re-developing however that should not effect our standard we have at the hotel. We will ensure to pass on your feedback onto our management team to have these issues rectified immediately.

Reviewed November 4, 2017

Only stayed overnight. The common areas up to the room needs some TLC. The room was pleasant, the bed was comfortable enough. Washed my hair but didn't even think that there wouldn't be a hairdryer, so take your own. They have irons and ironing boards in the room. The bathroom has everything you need (except hairdryer) but needs to come out of the 80s. The reception staff were okay. I would stay here again, it would be okay for a few days. Nice location, right opposite the marina. Only about 5 min walk to Pier St and the beach.

Room Tip: Take a hairdryer.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Dear lhop62,

Thank you for your time and thoughts we do appreciate the feedback. We do supply hair dryers in all our room and also have spares at reception if required. Please do not hesitate to contact out reception team for any assistance, we look forward to you staying with us.