“Great lunch at the Persian Kebab House”

Persian Kebab House
Ranked #98 of 176 Restaurants in Glenelg
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We had lunch here last Saturday. The staff are super friendly and the food was delicious. This restaurant is on the top floor above another restaurant. You have to walk to the side of the building and enter the Persian Kebab House via the door located at the rear of the building and walk up the stairs. If you have people who have walking issues, then don't worry as there is a disable stair chair lift.

For our lunch I ordered Chicken Soup and Vegetarian Dolmades (me). The kids and my husband shared a serving of Koobideh Kebab (2 skewers in total), Jujeh Kebab (made with Chicken Leg, 2 skewers in total) and a Mixed Plate Kebab with one skewer of Koobideh Kebab, Jujeh Kebab and Barg Kebab (3 skewers in total) and all served with Zereshk Polo (Barberry Rice) and a BBQ'd Tomato. All food was hot and super delicious. We could not get through the meal and the staff were more than happy to provide take away containers.

The service was perfect and friendly. I would definitely go again if I was in Adelaide again.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

We are again came to Adelaide and stayed in Glenelg. And again visited Persian kebab house. We ordered lamb and lamb mince kebabs. Tasty, nice presentation and good service. I can complain only about yogurt drink- previously it was home made and we could order jar , today is factory made bottles and taste is completely different.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

I have just back from the Persian Kabob house , took 18 of my family to celebrate my daughters upcoming wedding, as we entered the restaurant we were the only people in that restaurant, I should of seen the red flag then and then and walked away, but as I had interstate guest and they were already seated, I hoped that the night would go ok, we booked the place night before and confirmed early on the day, but there was no greeting as we got there , no eye contact from the people setting behind the desk playing with her phone. Worse to find out that she was the cook and the owner of the place we then went in and sat and greed our family member, for a while half to 45 mints no one approach us to see if we were ready to order our food, I then approach the desk and asked if they would like to come and take our order, which then the waiter said it is better that he take our order quickly as we are a large group and it would take some times to make the meals readymany of dishes on menus was not available at all but still listed and my guest had to choose another meal to order , waiter had no idea how to take order in correct seating and missed two of my guest, when he supposedly finished taking all the order, he had only 15 meal order for 17 of us , and one was shearing meal, so I had to head count my guest and fond out who meal order not been taken
However food arrived all the meat were cold and tough to chew rice soaked in oil and bbq tomatoes hard ,uncooked and cold,,,, it is very disappointing that we had to pay almost $500 food and drink and come home sick to throw up.worse dinning experience ever.

1  Thank Azar S
Reviewed 30 December 2016

Just have given this place a try and would definitely go back for more.we sat on the balcony enjoyed the sun,staff were intersted in teaching us about the food,wine list was small but had more than enough. I have the basckstrap lamb and yumo large feed and full of flavour.my wife had the bask strap and chicken and she loved it.a family friendly or just for a couple reasonable prices well worth a try

Reviewed 29 November 2016

Very average meal in fairly basic surroundings - there are lots of better spots in Jetty Road.

have to say it seems amazingly popular tho'.........