All reviews jumping pillow powered site blue lake great location bedroom bungalow camp kitchen family cabin great walking trails choose your own cold winters extraction fan amenity block gas fire bike riding kids loved the playground short drive few issues
Reviewed December 2, 2016

We booked a cottage at short notice. Staff were helpful and friendly. I would have liked a clock radio and extra blanket in the cottage, and we had to go to the office to request a hairdryer; it would be good to have these included as part of the accommodation.
The cottage was very clean, and had an attractive view.

Room Tip: The luxury retreats looked very inviting and were away from the main road. Will try these next time.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2016

We stayed in a 2 bedroom cabin with ensuite, the cabin overlooked the golf course and it was short walk to the Blue Lake. The staff were friendly and helpful. The cooking facilities were adequate with the usual collection of utensils needed to cook a meal. The cabin was clean and tidy, The beds were comfortable although a bit squeezy in the main bedroom and not much storage space for clothes etc. Did not use the spa as we thought it was such a waste of water! Overall a good place to stay and relax.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 28, 2016

Great place to be near excellent walks around Blue Lake, Valley Lake and Centenary Tower. Stayed in powered site for 4 nights. Short drive into town. Park is on Bay Road that can be noisy at times. Large park so lots of sites to choose from. Facilities clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2016

For the price of this place, my expectations were higher. We booked a cabin (4-person) for me and my two kids. My first impression was the friendly staff and once we got to the cabin the disappointment set in. Generally clean but the couch was filthy - I did however anticipate this and brought along a large blanket to cover it (very glad about this). Each time I needed to open the fridge door, I had to shove the dining table & chairs out of the way, even though there seemed to be enough floor space in the rest of the living area. TV was very small and up high so not very worth using. The bathroom was really small, the bunk beds were awfully uncomfortable, the double bed in the next room was on castors on a hard, slippery floor - each time I rolled over in bed the bed literally shimmied across the room and to get back into place I had to shove it back into position with my arm pushing against the bedside table. We had some rough weather and a huge amount of sideways rain and I noticed some of it came into the window frames, so this needs sorting at some stage otherwise the dampness may cause an issue down the track.....

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2016

This is quite a nice place, some sites have a slab but most are grassed, It is very quiet at this time of the year and within a short walk from the Blue Lake. Nice walks in the area as well. The amenities are reasonable old but clean, the others up the road from us have been updated and are better. I would recommend if you want to stay here.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple