All reviewsbriebit datedspa suitekangaroo islandlamb shankgood sizethe main highwaysized bedroom was spacioussaunareceptionistaustraliabathgenerationscouchratestruck
Reviewed March 6, 2017

We stayed one night only (thankfully) as part of our self drive along the Great Ocean Road. An old style motel which looks tired and dated. The receptionist was very friendly but still under training. We arrived on a Saturday but the restaurant was closed for the night so we had to find somewhere else to eat and as the motel is not centrally located there was nothing in walking distance and we had to use the car. The room was very large but dark and dingy. Considering the size of the room the bed was only a standard double which seemed a bit bizarre. There was free WIFI and tea/coffee making facilities but take care re the chocolate/biscuits by the kettle which look free but which we were charged for. The poor weather didn't help but not a place we will ever return to.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Room56, Owner at Quality Inn Presidential, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. All beds are queen size with the exception of our King Rooms, which as the names suggests, have king beds.
A form next to the minibar items lists the costs for such.

Reviewed March 1, 2017 via mobile

Often visit Mt Gambier for work and my usual accommodation was fully booked.
The wifi here didn't work well. When it would connect it was so slow and then it would drop out, I ended up using my whole personal data allowance so I could get my work done.
The carpet felt horrible, left shoes on.

Very old, very well used room.

The air conditioner was so loud I couldn't hear the tv or take phone calls in the room.

Ordered room service, got it cold.

Didn't visit the pool, was put off by the room.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our motel.
Renovations have commenced and a number of rooms will be fully refurbished by the end of this year.

Reviewed February 27, 2017

We arrived in Mount Gambier after an 11h drive from Melbourne and to say we were tired was the least. The girl at the hotel was very friendly but she was alone and had to deal both with reception and with the restaurant. I don't think it's her fault but still, telling us "I'll be back because I have to go to the restaurant" was a bit unprofessional. Secondly, the hotel is one of those american style motels, where there's free parking space and all. Every room had it's own parking spot, BUT ours. As soon as we entered the room we noticed it was 1- ENORMOUS (literally at least 50m2) and 2- really, really, unbelievably OLD. The carpet is probably from the 70s and hasn't been cleaned ever since (I am allergic to dust so that didn't help with the review) and there were cracks both on the wall as well as on the bathroom floor. We had a small bathtub with jacuzzi but we couldn't manage to get in as we were too afraid we might catch some kind of diseases. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone to be honest, luckily it was only an overnight stay.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Renovations have commenced and a number of rooms will have been fully refurbished by the end of the year.

Reviewed February 23, 2017

We stayed over en route from Melbourne to Adelaide. Thankfully only for one night. The room was dark, dingy, dated and noisy from the paper thin walls we heard the person next door snoring! The bathroom needs ripping out, pink basin, no plug, white toilet and the cupboard around the basin rotting from the wet of the wet room. Dinner was fine. Breakfast was passable. The staff were delightful and helpful. The whole place badly needs a facelift and bringing into the 21st century. The photos on the website bear no resemblance at all to the real thing.

Room Tip: Avoid. We were told that this was the better of the two hotels in the area!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends

Renovations have commenced and a number of rooms will be fully refurbished by year's end.

Reviewed February 16, 2017

Stayed the one night and all the staff were smiling.The restaurant had a great menu and the chicken with Brie was great.The room was quiet and I had a great sleep.
Location is good and Mac Park racing circuit is just up the road.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Room56, Manager at Quality Inn Presidential, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2017

Hey, thanks for your great review! We love seeing visitors from the motorcycling community, hope to see you next time you are in Mount Gambier for racing.