All reviews umpherston sinkhole free wifi hot shower very pleasant stay stayed nights next morning hosts hairdryer gambier mount
Reviewed March 30, 2018

Won this from a travel auction. Conciege was friendly and accomodation was easy to book.....BUT....on entering the room the smell of undulited bleach was overpowering, room was tidy but very very dated. Could hear anything and everthing from the rooms next door. Unfortunately due to the smell and noises we stayed approx 30 mins before booking another motel. Yes, we lost money on the travel auction, but we could not have stayed another minute.

Room Tip: Budget stay only, definately overnight only if needed.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Small but clean. 1 power point in kitchen area and one next to the bed. One sink in kitchen area and none in bathroom. Single sheet toilet tissue dispenser. Don't sit on the couch, you won't be able to get up again.
Roadhouse next door for (expensive) essentials and burger type meals. Umperson Sinkhole 2 doors up on same side of road. Otherwise adequate for an overnight stay buy wouldn't want to stay longer. Ask for a room up the back away from the highway.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2018 via mobile

We arrived on Saturday my partner and I. Picked up the key from the young asian man who asked if we wanted 2 separate beds as we were booked in for a queen. If that would be better or a queen and a single. We said no as we are a couple. He was a little taken back. I said no we are a couple she has to put up with my snoring.

We were given a room at the back no 12. 2 down from the indoor pool. I opened the door and first thing I noticed as I walked in was a cobweb across the face. And I had stepped back into 1970s.

Basic room with the sink in the kitchen as there isn't 1 in the bathroom as there isn't room for 1.

We were here for 4 nights arrived on Saturday left on Wednesday morning. It was booked for the price as we would be out and about.

It had queen bed, small fridge, plates and cutlery,tea coffee sugar and milk. Hot shower bath towels and floor mat. No hand towel which would have been nice. Only 1 lot of shampoo and 2 bath gels and 2 small soaps.

Which once empty wasn't replaced, whether that was because my fiancé had shower gel and shampoo on the floor. I don't know but I was using the hotel stuff and my own small supplies so not to bring large shampoo bottles with me. The water was hard and dried out our hair. Had to use a lot of conditioning.

Used the indoor pool twice first afternoon was warm and enjoying it until the over clorination agrivated my eyes. Had eye drops which dealt with it. Last afternoon we both enjoyed the pool. After both times the smell of clorine on our bathers and us after having showers was hanging around.

On the weekend our bed wasn't made up on the week days it was pulled back up and the dishes were done every day. You get what you pay for. Saturday and Sunday were the busy days and it is in high season.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2017

We stayed here for 3 nights. We had a room at the rear of the property, so got no noise from the main highway. Room is very basic, and the kitchen sink doubles as the bathroom sink. Yes, some of the furniture is a bit rickety, and not the best quality, but for the price paid, it was adequate. The restaurant on site doesn't open on weekends, but you're not far away from the main street. A short walk to the Umpherston Sinkhole makes up for it.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2017

The room was situated away from the traffic and was comfortable with no 'bells or whistles'.
Room included a Queen size bed along with a lounge chair, table and two chairs. There was a small but adequate refrigerator.
Air Conditioner tended to be loud and the colour on the TV could not be adjusted so
had a rather dark screen. Watchable but was a struggle with dark TV shows.
Staff were pleasant and accommodating.

Room Tip: A room off the inner parking area