Peppers Seaport Hotel(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$127
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Country Club Tasmania(Launceston)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$122
US$107
Areca Boutique Hotel(Launceston)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$79
US$74
Best Western Plus Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$98
US$80
  • Restaurant
Country Club Villas(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$67
US$60
Trip.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$68/night.

Kurrajong House(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$106
Agoda.com
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$44
US$38
All reviewscity parktitanium barroom overlooking the parkcomfortable stayreasonable sizemotor innbrisbane streetbusiness triptea and coffee making facilitiesbreakfast and dinnerwalk in showercomfortable roomperfect locationbar fridgemodern hoteltwo night stayquality hotel
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

When I arrived, I was honestly taken aback by the outlook of the hotel. It looks like a motel or maybe worse. BUT after checking in, the room was really REALLY modern. Comfortable bed, big TV with lots of channels, fast WiFi, clean bathroom. I understand other reviews about the exterior of the hotel but really, once you’re in the room, it’s all good :) pretty convenient too and free parking. 15 mins from the airport, hotel is right opposite city park. :)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
BusinessDevMngr, Manager at Mercure Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. Thank you for your comments about the contemporary quality of the interior of the Mercure guest rooms, we have been working for a few years now on progressive refurbishments, and it's great to hear that this work enhanced your stay. Great also to note that you were happy with the wifi and free parking. We hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Staff very helpful but rooms are dated and need a make over. Booked a room with a view or balcony and didn't receive either apparently rooms are being renovated and descriptions on Internet are incorrect??? Having tea and coffee making facilities was a bit hard to obtain water in the jug that wouldn't go under the taps so had to fill with a cup. But the good news is walking distance to central shopping area and across the road from a lovely park with lots of colour and interesting flora to see.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel's location and beautiful City Park opposite. I am very sorry that the room you booked didn't match the room you were allocated, even though it was the correct room type. It is correct that additional rooms have been added to this category through ongoing renovations, and the 'view or balcony' descriptions no longer exist online. I also note your feedback regarding the use of the kettle. Thank you for choosing us

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Disappointing from the minute we saw the out dated exterior we knew this was a mistake. Then shown to a "superior" room with a view of the scrappy car park or a brick wall. After complaining we got a room with a view of the park thanks but there is nothing four star about this room or the hotel. The bar looks like somewhere teenages go to get drunk. No style hideous.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, and felt disappointed in the quality of the experience.
While some guest rooms do have a park outlook and others don't, the room categories refer to the interior. Guests are able to request an outlook, but these aren't guaranteed, and unfortunately not every room faces the same direction. All of the Mercure rooms have been refurbished in the past few years, with the Superior and Deluxe rooms receiving some higher quality fixtures than the Standard room. I'm very sorry to hear that your experience of the Superior room didn't meet your expectation, and that the Bar also fell short of what you were looking for.

Reviewed March 24, 2018

I stayed two nights for a business trip and used to Accor Hotels, aspects of this one were very disappointing.
Dropped off outside hotel I found that the entrance was up a small slope so struggled to control my large suitcase from running away whilst I struggled to open the door only to find immediately inside I needed to haul my suitcase up a couple of steps to reach Reception. I can't imagine what a disabled person is expected to do.
Receptionist, Nikki provided excellent service and advice.
The room was very well decorated with good lighting, comfortable desk chair and sofa and a lovely view. Sadly the traffic noise was unbearable, not even quietening until about 2am. The bathroom though small was well appointed. The bed was very comfortable with excellent pillows and I loved the dimmable bedside lights and plenty of power points. Why were double glazed windows not added during renovations? They would have made such a difference to eliminate the constant noise invasion each night. The traffic roaring up the hill was very loud and it seems the road was a busy artery out to other areas.
As I needed to leave the hotel early each morning, supplies for breakfast were delivered to the room each evening but the kitchen seemed unable to ensure all requirements provided - first breakfast no toaster supplied (not provided in the room) so bread and butter only- second morning toaster supplied but no cutlery! Handle of teaspoon had to spread the butter - this is not a ususl Accor experience.
Reception kindly booked me a taxi for 5.45 am departure on my last day and I enquired what to do about room key and was advised. Why didn't receptionist also tell me that I would not be able to exit via main entrance door, to meet the taxi or that lift would not even open on ground floor? Fortunately, whilst I considered my options about getting to the airport trapped on the first floor, the taxi driver appeared through a door. Thankfully he knew the quirks of the hotel before the front door opens at 7am and making my flight in time seem possible again.
Honestly, I won't be coming back to this hotel again because the exit issues were the last straw.

Room Tip: Don't ask for room with a view if you want to sleep well
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
BusinessDevMngr, Manager at Mercure Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We take all feedback seriously and use the opportunity to assess our operations and continuous improvement.
I am sorry to hear that entering the hotel and reception area was difficult for you. Taxis are able to stop immediately at the front door, or within 1-2 car spaces (if another car is in the 10 min parking zone). For guests unable to lift their luggage up the two steps inside the door, our Reception staff can assist. The other option is our disabled entrance, at the rear of the building, which has a ramp and lift access, therefore eliminating the need to navigate any steps.
The windows in all of the (renovated) Mercure rooms are double glazed, but I understand that traffic noise may affect some guests more than others.
I'm sorry that we didn't get the delivery of your breakfast provisions right, and this has been brought to the attention of the Operations Manager for follow up.
I'm glad that you did experience great service on check in, but disappointed that we did not help you further with correct advise for your morning departure, and I can understand completely that this can cause a very negative experience, impacting your trip to the airport.
It is pleasing to hear that on the whole you did enjoy the interior design and decoration of your room.
We do strive for a high level of service in all areas of the business, but I can see that we did not deliver on this occasion.

Reviewed March 5, 2018

I stayed at the Mercure recently whilst visiting on business. It is only a short walk from the centre of the CBD which was perfect for our party.

We made the mistake of not eating in the hotel and struggled to find anything decent open on the recent public holiday, never mind. Had a nightcap or two back at the hotel afterwards and the service and friendliness of the staff was exceptional. We also had the a-la-carte breakfast the next morning which was very good with a reasonable selection of items on offer.

My room was in the front section of the hotel, but not facing the street, although I noticed a number of wings of rooms out the back. The room was more than adequate with a very comfortable bed, although the bathroom was slightly cramped with the toilet very close to the wall and a small basin as well.

Overall, I can certainly recommend the Mercure to anyone looking for a quality stay close to the centre of Launceston.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
BusinessDevMngr, Manager at Mercure Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. Thank you for your positive mention of our staff service, it's a great reward for their effort to read such positive feedback, we also appreciate your comments regarding our à la carte breakfast options. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your sleep in the posturepedic bed! We hope to see you again soon.