“Always a great experience!”
Review of M&B Bar

M&B Bar
Ranked #215 of 341 Restaurants in Launceston
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The cutest, well furnished cafe, with an enjoyable vibe. Well presented, polite staff who make you feel welcome and comfortable- shout out to the lovely staff members, Keisha and Abbie, who will go the extra mile to make my visit pleasurable. The menu presents a delicious array of brunch foods, drinks and smoothies, with cabinets filled with cakes, quiches and turkish breads. Highly recommended cafe to visit while in Launceston.

1  Thank _Sheens6

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

I recently visited M&B bar with some girlfriends for coffee and cake. We purchased our cakes and beverages, and seated ourselves on one of the cosy seats to enjoy a nice catch up. We enjoyed our cakes and awaited the delivery of our varying drinks.
I ordered a chocolate shake, and it was suited to my taste, but one of my girlfriend's who ordered an iced chocolate found hers to be lacking chocolate flavour. It was light beige in colour and seemed insipid for an iced chocolate, considering my chocolate shake was a rich brown. She politely asked one of the waitresses if she could please have some more chocolate added to hers as it wasn't chocolatey enough. The waitress obliged and added more chocolate syrup, telling her that should be enough chocolate for her as she delivered it. We were content at that stage, as the problem had been resolved. Then as we sat chatting, one of the staff, an older lady, approached our table and asked me if I was the one who had asked for more chocolate. I told her, no, it was my friend beside me. She then proceeded to tell my friend that they didn't want us to think they skimped on chocolate, that there were actually 5 shots of chocolate in that drink, and that my friend must just like more chocolate or something. My friend tried to explain that she wasn't complaining, but was just wanting more chocolate as it was lacking. The lady then stated that they liked to improve from feedback and that the drink again contained five shots. My girlfriends and I were very disappointed with her rude, depreciating attitude, treating my friend like there was something wrong with her request for more chocolate, when in fact, the drink had been made to a standard that was not satisfactory, and did not contain a sufficient amount of chocolate, period. Whether there were five shots added in it's making or otherwise, it wasn't good enough. I have never had to sit and listen to a cafe staff member try to argue and humiliate a customer, who wanted what she paid for. An iced CHOCOLATE. In the hospitality industry, the customer is always right. I know, since I too work in this industry. It ruined our experience, and I will not be visiting this place again. Don't dare complain if you don't like something here, somehow it's not their fault, it's yours...

8  Thank Hospitalitique
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

Great place for healthy juice combinations, smoothies, toasted sandwiches, soup, biscuits, cakes and coffee. Quite a small unassuming place from the road but nicely lit and elegantly furnished inside. Outdoor seating under shade umbrellas available too. Today I had the avo smash, served on sourdough with tomatoes, fetta and relish for lunch today. Coffee pretty good too. Staff pleasant at all times.

2  Thank wtandy
Reviewed December 26, 2017

Found this place on Boxing Day much to our relief. Was already quite crowded but our orders were processed quickly. Breakfast yummy and coffee excellent.

1  Thank kateshir