1,867 results
All reviewsconverted hospitallaunceston general hospitalmodern hotelroom serviceking roomfree wifismall kitchenettefresh airbusiness triphotel restaurantcity centrecomfortable bedreception staffgood sizegreat roomconvenient locationan easy walk
Reviewed September 20, 2017

A high quality, modern hotel with pleasant, friendly and helpful staff, a high level of amenities, furnishings and fittings in the spa room I had, and the convenience of a kitchenette in the room. Location was convenient for me.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hotel_Manager287, General Manager at Mantra Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2017

Dear K4051LLmarcog,

Glad to read you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed September 19, 2017

We got to our room exhausted and with all of our belongings and our swipe didn't work. A worker came by and we asked her she said that it wasn't her area of expertise and kindly went down and asked reception for us. She came back up and said that reception said that we had to go down stairs with the swipe. We lugged all of our belongings down and the woman re coded the swipe - no apology no niceness at all. We then lugged all of our belongings back up and got into our room. Everyone else was nice and the gentleman very nice but this one woman tainted our visit.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Judy,

Thank-you for taking the time to share your feedback with us,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the lapse in service surrounding your arrival experience.

This feedback is most unusual, as the team at Mantra Charles are generally commended for their friendly & personalised service to our guests.

However, please rest assured I will pass this feedback onto our team for training and quality assurance.

Although it was great to read that the rest of your stay went well and remaining service interactions were positive.

I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

Hard landscaping at entry to the site needs attention. There are missing parts of letters on outdoor signage. Base of fountain requires painting. Interior was great. Staff at front desk were polite and most helpful.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hotel_Manager287, General Manager at Mantra Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Dear Dianne P,

I apologise if you found the external grounds on the approach to the hotel to be worn and requiring maintenance. We remain in ongoing discussions with the parties responsible for this space to maintain so will address with them (by way of esxplanarion the sign I think you are referring to denotes The Charles precinct as opposed to the hotel specifically so the Mantra bit is not missing, just to relevant for that sign)

Great to read you enjoyed the service of our friendly front desk team.

Regards

Reviewed September 18, 2017

Add on costs are disappointing for wi-fi and credit card surcharges, but overall good value.
Room decor was a bit cold
Room size excellent, and bathroom a good size.
Room position facing rear of hotel was disappointing for what was advertised as executive.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear DeanoSydney,

Thank-you for taking the time to share your feedback with us,

I empathise if not all areas of your stay met expectations.

Please note WIFI is free for any guest who books direct and elects to sign up to our complimentary loyalty program, Mantra Plus. This can be completed at any Mantra reception desk or online.

I apologise if you found your Executive Studio location to be undesirable. This room type is located in other areas of the hotel and room move options can be sought out from our friendly reception team.

Genera Manager

Reviewed September 18, 2017

My recent stay was pleasant. room was clean and when I requested a microwave, it was promptly attended to. The service was great and the concierge provided information which assisted me. Would be happy to recommend my colleagues stay with Mantra.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Edmundyewchiant,

Great all round review.

Nice to read that all of your added requests were promptly fulfilled.

I appreciate your positive sentiment and recommendation.