All reviewscity parkfree wificonvenient locationeasy walkthe ground floorcomfortable bedone night stayroad noisecontinental breakfastelectric blanketscentre of townpleasant staywould stay againcataract gorgemotelreceptionaccommodation
Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

I have no problem with the accommodation at the Commodore, we stopped for 2 nights before moving on to continue our tour of Tasmania.

The problem I have is the hotel taking card details in relation to a deposit of A$50 that I was assured would not be taken off the card. It was and I am unable to get this back despite having paid in full for all services provided more than a month ago.

The ‘deposit’ was taken against my Travelex card rather than the credit card that was used when the hotel was booked. Travelex will not refund the monies until the hotel provides confirmation that there is no outstanding debt and other information relating to the payment. The hotel has had the A$440 payment in full for our stay.

Over the phone the staff acknowledged that there is nothing owing to the hotel but say it is not up to them to refund the 50 dollars. I have phoned several times and emailed on numerous occasions both whilst in Australia and also after returning to the UK. I get no meaningful response despite promises that my request for them to send the required details to the card provider has been passed on. My request to speak to a manager are dealt with by telling me that none are available and my emailed request for contact details of the company CEO have been ignored. As I say I have no issue with the quality of the stay but the inaction in relation to monies owed to me leaves a lot to be desired. Quick to take your monies but so far unwilling to process documentation that would enable me to get back monies that should never have been taken from me.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank AspireChesterfield
Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here the night of 3 Feb during Launceston Festivale. Our room was at the back, appeared to have been recently refurbished, very clean and comfortable. Despite the fact that the annual wine & food festival was on in the park across the road with bands playing late into the night, we were not disturbed at all by the noise outside. The young lady at reception could not have been more helpful and was welcoming and friendly. We would definitely stay here again and will recommend to friends

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2018 via mobile

What a great place to stay, rooms are very spacious with lovely big windows that had lovely view.Bed was fantastic big and comfy staff were very friendly and helpful ,we got a very reasonable rate which makes the stay even better , would highly recommend this place when in Launceston.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

Commodore Regent hotel

Pros:
- Easy location to find, being on the same street as the town center mall
- Walking distance to town center
- Room is clean, tidy and spacious
- Newly renovated bathroom and kitchenette
- Lovely park opposite
- Parking OK, on a sloped angle
- Staff are very friendly and helpful
- You can quietly hear the town clock bell go off regularly, so count them and you always know the time

Cons:
- You can hear the people talking in the rooms beside you
- Old hotel, dark rooms
- Very basic breakfast at $13 is way over priced for what is offered, we had a beautiful full hot breakfast at the Fountainside Hotel in Hobart for only $11
- This hotel is build on a steep hill, lots of steps to carry your luggage unless you request a room on the ground floor

Tip: don't miss out on the circuit walk around Cataract Gorge, extremely beautiful gardens and the many Peacock birds

Conclusion: budget accommodation, I will pay a bit more and choose another hotel next time.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank backieshomestay
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for a few nights back in September and found firstly that is was actually a motel not a hotel, reasonably clean, but housekeeping over the days we were there was no existent. The staff were extremely rude and to top it all off i never had my $50 deposit refunded onto my card although I have been told several times that it should have been done.
Overall drove away feeling totally ripped off. Tassie is our favourite place to travel but will avoid this motel at all cost.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family