1,951 results
All reviews buffet breakfast per day room service central location city park business trip car parking would stay again centre of town hgc conference eateries tassie
Reviewed August 17, 2018

Grand Chancellor is a moderately priced clean and comfortable hotel with plenty of rooms. Superior king room was large with comfy bed. Polite staff.
TIP: to dine at a great (but expensive) restaurant, just walk out the back door of the hotel, turn right, walk thru the alley and Navaro's is on your left. Make reservations.

Room Tip: Look for a room on a higher floor for possible views
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2018

We loved everything about this hotel. Our room, the bed, the staff and the location was ideal for what we wanted. The bar area was cosy and drinks were reasonably priced. We didn't dine in, unfortunately, but will when we return. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

The Grand Chancellor in Launceston is in a great location and was good value for money when I stayed there for work in July. It was cold outside but my room was snug & warm. The large air conditioner in the corner of the room was disconcerting and it did take a little while to find the heater but once I did....cozy! Reasonable size room that was clean & tidy for my arrival. Had an issue with the bill as I was charged for mini bar items I didn’t eat/drink so I suggest you count & write anything missing down rather than just phoning reception. Minor amounts and minor inconvenience but not what I would generally expect at a Grand Chancellor Hotel. Room service offered good food that was delivered quickly. Overall a good place to stay when away from home.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

It’s old , run down, rooms are disgusting. Air con is portable, it’s. dead set joke of a place . My wife come across an old toilet brush in a walk way.

They offer to change us rooms after we have unpacked.

The place is a joke

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris K
Reviewed August 5, 2018

Stayed overnight on a recent trip down for medical appointments. I love this hotel. Location is excellent, accommodation is beautiful and beds are lovely. Requested a quiet room and was allocated a room on the 5th floor, at the back of the hotel and away from the lift. Obviously reservations staff had noted my request and we were very happy with the allocated room. Breakfast was amazing. Range of food was very good and varied and all very well presented.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel