“Cute cafe for local produce”
Review of Bryher

Bryher
Ranked #9 of 314 Restaurants in Launceston
Price range: US$2 - US$16
Description: Bryher focuses strongly in using only local suppliers and ingredients.
Reviewed 31 March 2017

Well worth a visit for tasty food with a European twist. A stand-out for commitment to house-made and locally sourced food and drinks. Makes a good line of cakes and pastries, which are more interesting and better than most local cafes. Will also barter with you for quality spare garden produce. Croque Monsieur I ate was not cheap for what is essentially a toastie, but the bread, ham and cheese were all great quality, so very enjoyable. Baked eggs with ham hock and lentils was a bit bland, but the sourdough alongside was delicious. Service can be patchy and slow at times but worth persevering.

There are newer reviews for Bryher

Reviewed 27 March 2017

Great reviews and i'am glad to add another - Located in the heart of Launceston As the group of us sat outside on a cool morning the blankets were quite useful. As I was hungry I went for one of their pastries before the meals came out. Fantastic/ Friendly service and a good creative selection of food on the menu. Its a joy to pick up a menu and you are taking you time because what you see is constructed with such love and creative passion - I would go back for sure.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

So nice to read these glowing reviews and to see that others are loving this place too. Small, quirky, different, a very friendly vibe and terrific coffee. The menu is not huge but it doesn't have to be when the options are so diverse and thoughtfully created. The coffee, the food, the service; all terrific, but don't miss tasting those housemate preserves! The rhubarb & strawberry jam is absolutely the best jam I have ever tasted, and is available for sale by the jar.
A word of warning though; If you don't like crowds, don't tell your friends about this place :-)

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Very very good brekkie - we stopped in both mornings despite there being a bit of choice in that section of town.

Coffee was prepared very well (it is easy to tell when you drink long blacks) - a local roast from memory.

I had the croque monsieur one morning and the baked eggs the next. Both were great - if I was being critical I'd say the eggs (yokes) were a little over but it is hard to pull off a runny yoke with cooked whites in this type of dish.

The homemade tarts were awesome as were the croissants!

Product and ingredient quality was top notch.

One morning was a public holiday and they were getting hammered (super busy) which was a shame.

I'd automatically go back here when next is Launceston.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

So we'd heard that the food at Bryher was good and it really is, but what is really truly outstanding is the incredible service. Over two visits we were looked after by the lovely Emma & Alison. Although I have spent more than 20 years in the industry myself I've no hesitation in saying that Emma is the very best server that I have ever encountered anywhere and Alison is not very far behind at all. They truly not only made my morning, but my day and week; yes they are that good.

Simply put if you're feeling down visit Bryher and Emma and Alison will fill your joy bucket until it's is overflowing.

And so to the food, I ate the baked eggs with ham hock and the beans and black pudding. They were both absolutely delicious with not a detail missed. My colleagues ate the Bircher muesli and a glorious pickled carrot, smashed pea and pesto toastie. Not only is the menu one of those all to rare beasts where you want to order everything, the staff are not only willing to mix and match various bits and pieces they even suggest the best way to go about it.

All in all, one the very best, outstanding food, incredible service, bloody good coffee and a charming place to while away the time.

1  Thank Simon T