“A lovely cafe/deli experience”

The Epicurean Delicatessen
Ranked #23 of 260 Restaurants in Bendigo
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The Epicurean is first and foremost a cafe and it is a very good cafe. They always have a large range of very interesting gourmet salads and the coffee is consistently nice. However the thing that separates this cafe from most others is the excellent range of deli products available for sale. If you're interested in a top quality terrine or pate, or a beautiful French Brie then this place has it.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed January 3, 2018

We have eaten here many times before and have always been very happy. This morning was below standard. I ordered 1 egg, got 2, ordered no toast, got 2 slices, ordered half a tomato, got none although it came later. My hazelnut coffee had no hazelnut. My partner ordered 1 egg, got 2, ordered no toast, got 2 slices.

Date of visit: January 2018
5  Thank Gayle T
Reviewed December 14, 2017

The food is Mediterranean and delicious.The service is also exceptional.The aracini balls and the vol au vents were very good this week.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank jandavid2013
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

The food for lunch here was delicious and plenty to choose room. Even simple dishes were bursting with flavour. I look forward to trying the ricotta pancakes for breakfast in the future!

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Jess S
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

The Epicurean used to me my favourite go to for fast great variety and quality take away lunch what you get now is if you're lucky, is slow sour faced service with half the variety of what the old owners had on offer.

Tried to grab some salads to take back to work but couldn't even get acknowledged that I was in the store, one of the staff (believe it to be one of owners) was far too busy to even look up from her conversation to acknowledge me or let me know someone would be with me shortly, another staff member looked at me waiting then decided wiping down tables was more important and the lady making coffees was far too busy to see what was going on.

Unfortunately if you're looking for great food and service I'd give The Epicurean a miss.

Date of visit: October 2017