“Overnight”

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Echuca
Geelong, Australia
“Overnight”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Our stay was short as we were only passing thru on our way home.After a long day and drive we chose this hotel as it was central.Our check in was quick and efficient.Our room was clean with a double and single bed.The bed was just a touch hard for my liking still managed to have a good sleep.The location was great as we headed off down the street to have something to eat only a short stroll.I would stay here again

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear broggo14

Thank you for writing a review. If I recall correctly you had some issues with beds at other motels during your trip and the first thing you asked me on arrival was how hard were our beds. Interesting question but off we went to test them.

Given they are relatively new beds I was confident we would be alright and I am glad to hear you did get a good nights sleep.

Having all the good eateries close by it very convenient and there is no other motel in Echuca that can lay claim to being the closest.

I hope we see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We stayed in a delux room. Nice fittings but just a renovation and the old underpinnings very obvious. Couldn't get curtains to close for complete privacy from walkway. Staff that booked us in very brusk, basically gave us the key and took the money without further comment. Very convenient location. Will try a bed and breakfast next time

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear High25

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take every opportunity to learn and I appreciate you responding to my message. I will look to see what can be done about the curtains. When we renovated the rooms we replaced that tracks and the curtains but it was my understanding that they went back in the same position they were taken down from. The old curtains definitely did not have this issue.

I will also have a discussion with the staff member. They are a lovely person and it is a pity this was not conveyed to you. They need to be aware of this so that they give themselves the best opportunity to be recognized for who they are.
Reviewed 11 May 2012

The Nirebo Motel is a great place to stay when visiting Echuca.
Its location is central making it an easy stroll to many attractions, car use is minimal.
As a single person it was pleasing to have a choice of rooms and rates which were very competitive and as a holder of a Seniors Card a discount applied!
I was very happy with the Petite Room I chose (large enough for couples also), especially the crisp white sheets on the comfortable double bed, thanks House Keeping Staff!
Breakfast menu range was extensive and offered light to hearty meals.
Reception Staff were friendly and welcoming and most helpful with their local knowledge.
Well done to all! 10 out of 10! Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: There are rooms on the ground floor and second floor, so if stairs are a problem ask for a room on t...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jan M
Hi Jan M

Thanks for taking the time to write a review it is appreciated. The different types of rooms we have means that we normally have something to suit everyone depending on their needs and budget.

Your review made me smile because it sounds like we all made your trip away a memorable one. When you work in this industry its that recognition that makes you realize why you do this. Thanks again and we all look forward to seeing you in the future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We were pleased with everything about this motel. The woman who booked us in was charming and efficient, the room was very clean, nothing special but nothing wrong with it either. Close to all the attractions and we dined at a Greek restaurant called Nik's across the road. We would happily stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank avocetexsydney
NireboMgr, Owner at Nirebo Motel, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Dear avocetexsydney

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Especially after I had a look at your profile and determined you are a seasoned traveler. We pride ourselves in presenting a clean product with comfortable beds and good showers. The three essential ingredients for a successful motel.

The one benefit we have on other motels in the town is our location. All the good restaurants are within walking distance which means there is no hassle with driving. Really lets you relax and enjoy yourself.

I hope we see you return to sample some of the other fantastic dining options. On that note you have to try Morrison Winery for lunch next time. There is even a deal that allows you to catch the paddle steamer to the winery, enjoys a 2 course lunch and then return to Echuca on the paddle steamer.
Ipswich, Australia
Reviewed 7 May 2012

After a short drive across from Numurkah, we were looking for somewhere to stay in Echuca for a couple of nights close to the Port. We settled on the Nirebo Motel. We were greeted with enthusiam by Rodney. On our way to our room we were made to feel welcome by the staff members we passed. Our room was spotless, pleasant, comfortable. We had a delicious breakfast cooked by Amanda. The Continental breakfast had a reasonable selection of food that would suit most tastes. When we return to Echuca we will stay again at the Nirebo as it ticks all our boxes.
Wayne & Meg. R

Room Tip: Ask for refurbished rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Meg R
NireboMgr, Owner at Nirebo Motel, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Hi Wayne & Meg

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Normally people comment of the physical building and I have to say that your comments made me feel so proud of the staff.

I am really glad you enjoyed the breakfast as the current format is relatively new. I am also glad you liked the refurbished rooms as both Amanda and I are itching to get more done. Its the age old constraint of dollars that has slowed this down.

Take care and I am sure we will see you in the future.
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This is a very basic motor inn however it's location is ideally situated very near to the tourist end of town. You have the Beechworth Bakery and a Subway across the road and a very short stroll to various shops and the Port of Echuca. I stayed in the petite room, and it lived up to its name, being very tiny! However, for a single night this was fine. The room had a fairly modern but small LCD tv with a few foxtel channels (including movie network), as well as the usual free stations. The water pressure was fantastic in the shower.

overall - good for the price.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Aussie_Flyer_dotnet
Reviewed 4 April 2012 via mobile

Having arrived in Echuca after a mind numbing drive via Melbourne I was in need of somewhere relaxing and the Nirebo provided this.
Our room, 36, was well above the standard for a traditional motel. It was furnished to a high standard and spotlessly clean.
The bathroom is lovely and has a hand held shower (my favourite shower). This is the first place on our travels to provide this one small but important (to me) extra.
The Nirebo would be high on my recommendation list.
To sum up, great location in Echuca, great room and welcoming owner. What more could you need.

Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Jenny W
NireboMgr, Owner at Nirebo Motel, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Hi Jenny

Thanks for the review. We are really happy with the new rooms and I am delighted that you were too. Aside form the hotel facilties our location is superb. It really helps you to relax knowing that you don't need to use the car.

The hand held shower is also my wife's favorite with every house and hotel we have owned having the old shower heads replaced with these.