“Place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Echuca
West Lakes SA
“Place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

We recently stayed in the Nirebo Motel for 2 nights and it was very clean and comfortable and close to places to eat and drink plus a short walk to the river Friendly service, good rates a great place to stay

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael and Mic... H
, Owner at Nirebo Motel, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear Michael & Michele

Thanks for writing a review. It was a pleasure to have your company whilst you stayed in Echuca. When you go away you really want a central location to stay and its even better when you are walking distance from everything. I myself love a wine with lunch or dinner so its important to consider the driving situation. However when you stay at the Nirebo you don't have to give it a thought.

I am glad you enjoyed or motel and the service and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

Perfectly located as it is within walking distance to restaurants, shops, bakeries, pubs and most important, the historic Port area. A free pick up and drop off service is provided, via a shuttle van, if you wish to visit the Moama Bowls Club just over the river. The room was neat, clean and comfortable. We had no issues with the curtains. Everything was in good working order. Definitely will be back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, Owner at Nirebo Motel, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear Mobydick123

Thank you for reviewing our property. You title "Great location and clean" sums us up. We have the best location in town and because we also offer a clean comfortable place to stay we have people returning to stay with us time and time again.

It looks as though we will also have the pleasure of you joining us again. Maybe try to stay over one the event weekends and really see what Echuca can offer. The events calender on the Echuca Moama Tourism site is great. Here's a link http://www.echucamoama.com/events-calendar.

Take care.
central victoria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed in room 2 on 23 June and found the room ok, not a "blow your mind away" ok, but a nice and clean ok. The room had a more than generous shower but was a bit cramped up in the "dunny" area and like a previous posting we too found that anyone walking along the path out front could see into our room through the gap between the window and curtain near the door. (we tucked the curtain into the door handle and solved the problem) The motel itself was nice and quiet, with friendly and courteous reception staff and set in a very handy location to everything. I found the room clean and tidy. We always take our own pillows so there was no problem there, the TV was ok and I congratulate management for having Austar movie channels available, just one problem, will some one tell me why is it that all motels have their TV's so low that is impossible to lay and watch in bed of a night?
All in all I found the pluses for the room greatly outweighed the minuses and would recommend room 2 for anyone who just wants a nice room at a good tariff in a handy location. Just one other thing, I know a lot of hotel management don't like the idea of reviews by past clientele, but I never book a room without first checking the reviews and rely heavily on peoples past experiences, it gives a fairly good indication of what to expect. If their rooms are up to scratch then why should they worry?

Room Tip: Parking out front of room is a great asset for the elderly
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hallbent123
, Owner at Nirebo Motel, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Dear hallbent123

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We have refurbished some of the rooms and we have elevated the TV's to the wall so that you can watch it in bed comfortably. I don't know what solution I can offer with regard to the curtain - in the refurbished rooms I wanted a curtain that got drawn from one wall to the other, thereby covering the door as well when closed, but have been informed that for fire/evacuation i cannot do this?

Your recommendation for room two is great but everyone needs to know that we have 41 other rooms that could also be suitable. This forum of reviews is great, i just have a couple of issues. Firstly is when it is used as a means to vent and secondly is that this particular site does not have any means of qualifying that a person has actually stayed at a property. Oh well there are some things you can change and some you can't so best to focus your efforts on the ones you can.
melbourne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

On arrival the Receptionist was lovely and professional, the reception area looks impressive but what a shock when we entered our room! Flash back to the 1970's and the aroma of spilled beer was revolting! Huge cobwebs over the bed, a fan running noisily in the bathroom with the toilet in an unfortunate position next to the tea making facilities. The shower was horrible and old and situated that you have to get wet with cold water before the warm water eventually comes through. Hardly enough room to get dried, the only place to put your gear is on the toilet lid! Movies on television didn't work, tv was small. The worst pillows i've ever come across but the worst was yet to come. Around 8am we were woken by a man playing loudly outside with a yelling child and a soccer ball. This was a cheek to be woken after days on the road, we expected a sleep in. On leaving it was apparent this man/child were the managers as he was answering his phone periodically regarding bookings. At no point did the manager or any other staff member acknowledge us or ask about our stay. The sort of place to go and sleep and take off, but at their room rates you could do better elsewhere. No comfort, no respect was received there.

Room Tip: Avoid this place, it truly is revolting and the management need to move on. The photos on their web...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank girlsontheavenue
NireboMgr, Owner at Nirebo Motel, responded to this review, 17 June 2012
Dear girlsontheavenue

It was a pity to have to read your comments that you have posted. I was the gentleman you refer to in your review that was playing soccer with my son near your room at 0925 in the morning. This is only 35 minutes from our scheduled departure time and one would expect most guests due to depart that day would have been up and about.

I apologise if this was not the case with you although I did think I saw one of you awake and venturing out to your car at 0905. I confirmed this by reviewing the CCTV footage this morning after reading your review.

Whilst Tripadvisor is a great medium for people to convey their experiences I really believe that whatever your issues really were they should have been addressed with me when I knocked on your door after seeing the curtain being ripped back whilst playing soccer with my son because there is not a lot of truth in your review.

The room definitely did not smell of stale beer before or after your stay. The toilet is separated from the tea/coffee making facilities by a double brick wall. The fan in the bathroom makes the same noise as any bathroom fan but runs longer because it runs off a motion sensor rather then a switch. The TV is a 32 inch LCD and if the movie channel did not work it may have been because someone (other then me) had tried to re-tune the TV - I have checked and fixed this this morning. It could have been fixed during your stay had you made us aware of the problem.

I really hoped I could have spoken to you when you departed but you elected to leave without coming to reception. To use this medium to vent is unfair given that you could have easily of had a conversation with me whilst you were here - I was just outside you room!!!

Travellers are raving about these Echuca hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

We thought this hotel was an excellent place to stay. It is in a fantastic location, a stone's throw to the main street and Port of Echuca, a short distance to the shopping strip and close to all pubs, cafes, restaurants and shops.

Upon arrival, the staff were friendly, check-in was easy. The rooms are beautiful and clean. Our room had a queen bed which was very comfortable, and a huge lounge/sitting area, another plus for me, good quality tea/coffee making facilities, not the cheap Nescafe Blend 43 Coffee and Lipton teabags!

All the staff are very friendly, including the ladies who make up your rooms. We've stayed in a few hotels in Echuca, and this is one of the best.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
NireboMgr, Owner at Nirebo Motel, responded to this review, 27 May 2012
Dear two_yahamas

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad that all of us at the Nirebo Motel contributed to you both enjoying your stay.

Our property is so centrally located that it makes enjoying the rest of Echuca a lot easier. It sounds as though we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Untill then please take care.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

with out doubt the best location in echuca , the murry river and old paddle steamer port wright at your door step , cafes , restaurants , pubs and shops all just a very short stroll . the accommodation is a little dated but very well maintained with everything you need for a short stay. i have stayed here numerous times and will continue to do so .

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
NireboMgr, Owner at Nirebo Motel, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Dear haigo86

Its great to read that you continue to return to us. Could you please identify yourself to me the next time you stay as i have tried to guess who you are but have really had no luck.

I would like to ensure next time you get one of the renovated rooms as your feedback on these would be appreciated especially before we commit to doing more.

Look forward to welcoming you again and discovering who you are.
Geelong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Our stay was short as we were only passing thru on our way home.After a long day and drive we chose this hotel as it was central.Our check in was quick and efficient.Our room was clean with a double and single bed.The bed was just a touch hard for my liking still managed to have a good sleep.The location was great as we headed off down the street to have something to eat only a short stroll.I would stay here again

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
NireboMgr, Owner at Nirebo Motel, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Dear broggo14

Thank you for writing a review. If I recall correctly you had some issues with beds at other motels during your trip and the first thing you asked me on arrival was how hard were our beds. Interesting question but off we went to test them.

Given they are relatively new beds I was confident we would be alright and I am glad to hear you did get a good nights sleep.

Having all the good eateries close by it very convenient and there is no other motel in Echuca that can lay claim to being the closest.

I hope we see you again in the future.