All reviews the main road bbq area spa room a great stay upstairs room water front kitchenette shower lake
Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

The abel tasman has the hall marks of yesteryears hotel motel. Fantastic location directly across from the beach (with a loud highway in between). Unfortunately rooms are a bit worn and tired. And for us during peak season, prices were excessive.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ByronofMelbourne
Reviewed January 3, 2017

Spotless room with an overall Asian feel. Great view, free wifi access. BBQ area for guest use and very clean swimming pool. Great walks directly out front both into town and to the surf beach. The young host was so pleasant, so nice, and made me feel so comfortable there that i would go back again and again. I'm guessing the other reviews were written before he took over.

Room Tip: Host told me the wifi access is better upstairs.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Grant P
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

Great location and 5 minutes walk to the town centre. The property is a little tired and some work has been done in the rooms but more needs to be done to modernise the property. I am glad to be staying for a short time as I dont think my back could handle the bed much longer - very hard and uncomfortable. The rooms are clean and staff are friendly. A 3 star rating with potential to improve further.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dianne B
Reviewed November 30, 2016 via mobile

I must admit I was impressed, I booked through the trip advisor app, The room I received was large and well appointed for the reasonable price I paid.

This hotel is situated right opposite the water front and was nicely deck out. I do feel I got good value for money. The room had a little kitchenette with a small fridge and microwave and coffee making facility. I enjoyed the fast free wifi and the free car parking.

Only stayed one night but for me ticked a lot of boxes. I would stay here again.

As a Room tip I would get a water looking view.

Stayed: December 2016
3  Thank Willysduck
Reviewed November 28, 2016 via mobile

On a positive note the rooms are spacious and ours was clean; however this is, unfortunately, the best that can be said about the Abel Tasman. Some efforts have been made to invest in the motel but these have clearly been restricted to new beds, tables and linen. The rooms themselves are significantly outdated with worn tiles and carpets, very old kitchen units, an odd and tired bathroom arrangement and poor lighting. In the bathroom some basic retailing had been done but only partially with poor cut-in to the old tiling. The lobby and public areas are also well-beyond their best. Overall this was very poor value for money and disappointing accommodation. Not recommended.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family