All reviews the main road bbq area spa room a great stay upstairs room water front would stay here again short walk kitchenette shower lake unit
Reviewed January 16, 2017

Prior to travelling the Great Alpine Road, we stayed at the AbelTasman.
Very clean, well appointed Motel, starting to show its maturity, however giving beautiful water views, fairly close to the centre of town, and more than friendly staff

Room tip: First Floor.....Great
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jbgtaxman
Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

The abel tasman has the hall marks of yesteryears hotel motel. Fantastic location directly across from the beach (with a loud highway in between). Unfortunately rooms are a bit worn and tired. And for us during peak season, prices were excessive.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ByronofMelbourne
Reviewed January 3, 2017

Spotless room with an overall Asian feel. Great view, free wifi access. BBQ area for guest use and very clean swimming pool. Great walks directly out front both into town and to the surf beach. The young host was so pleasant, so nice, and made me feel so comfortable there that i would go back again and again. I'm guessing the other reviews were written before he took over.

Room tip: Host told me the wifi access is better upstairs.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Grant P
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

Great location and 5 minutes walk to the town centre. The property is a little tired and some work has been done in the rooms but more needs to be done to modernise the property. I am glad to be staying for a short time as I dont think my back could handle the bed much longer - very hard and uncomfortable. The rooms are clean and staff are friendly. A 3 star rating with potential to improve further.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dianne B
Reviewed November 30, 2016 via mobile

I must admit I was impressed, I booked through the trip advisor app, The room I received was large and well appointed for the reasonable price I paid.

This hotel is situated right opposite the water front and was nicely deck out. I do feel I got good value for money. The room had a little kitchenette with a small fridge and microwave and coffee making facility. I enjoyed the fast free wifi and the free car parking.

Only stayed one night but for me ticked a lot of boxes. I would stay here again.

As a Room tip I would get a water looking view.

Date of stay: December 2016