All reviews housekeeping supervisor apartment building undercover parking short stay buffet breakfast central location spa bath would stay here again tram stop fitzroy st heaps cbd tasmania supermarket eateries kitchen dishwasher
Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

Booked to stay the night before a fishing trip in Port Phillip Bay with five family members
Just note that there are two sites for this place, the glossy shiny one isn’t the one we had, but all the same it was really good value at $45 a head.
Staff were extremely helpful, there was heaps of raking, it was clean, beds were comfy for a few hours kip,
if I was to be critical at all, it would be in respect to the amount of glasses supplied, I only found 2, milk for 6 consisted of 4 small uht (10ml maybe) shots, lounge was cosy, tv worked well, it was clean and overall not bad, only other downside is the traffic, but that isn’t the hotels fault, if you looking for something cheap for a group in this area, couldn’t go wrong.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed September 29, 2018

Booked a room for 1 night. Nice place, clean, comfy, spacious. Check in was lovely. Also near tram stops and the main parts of St Kilda (~10-15min walk).

Had a room with the balcony. Chairs in balcony was broken though but minor point as it was too chilly to be out in the balcony. Inside of room was really lovely.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

Walked into the apartment which was small but neat, clean and comfortable and well worth the cost of only $100 a night. Had a king single and king bed, and NO COST FOR PARKING!!!
No trouble for late night drinks at the bar and the reception girl was a great bar tender with polite conversation.
Beds firm and comfortable, room warm and blinds good for block out. Generally a quiet stay as it’s on a reasonable busy road, room refurbished basically but well.
Called for coffee in the morning as we only had a couple of sachets and the woman who came, brought extra milk, sugar and asked politely if there was anything else we needed, and arrived in minutes. Fantastic to see she thought of the extras as it would have been another trip in a few minutes.
All together a great stay.
Thx

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Stay was great until housekeeping decided to wake me up at 9am, and then again at 9.40 when check out is 10am. Nothing worse than being woken up before your own alarm clock after a hard weekends work. I needed my rest and didn’t get it. I shouldn’t have to, but I’ll be putting a DND sign on my door everywhere I go from now on.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 22, 2018

As my youngest son recently had his 18th I treated him and his older brother and two of their mates to a weekend in St Kilda. After doing a lot of research of available apartments I booked a 2 bedroom apartment at Crest on Barkly in May. I booked directly through the hotel after a lovely conversation with a Manager who promptly sent me a confirmation for the 2 bedroom apartment which accommodated 4 adults. My sons arrived at Crest on Friday, paid and were directed to their room ?? Yes ROOM ? They rang me to say that it was a very small room, only slept 3 and had no kitchen as discussed. I rang Crest reception and was told yes my son/s had been down and all was fixed as they were sending up a roll mat for the 4th person. I explained that NO all was not fixed as we had booked and paid for a 2 bedroom apartment and they had been provided them with a Family Room. The receptionist put me through to the same Manager I had initially made the booking with. She explained YES the accommodation had been "down graded" and could give me no explanation as to why. They were also fully booked so nothing could be done about this now. I enquired why the boys had not been informed of this at check-in or why the price had not been "downgraded" but there was no explanation for this either. The Manager could not understand why I was upset that they could "downgrade" your booked and confirmed accommodation without informing you or reducing the price ?? She offered me a $16 credit OR a free brekkie. Disgraceful and this wouldn't have covered the amount spent on a couple of days worth of groceries because we assumed that we had a kitchen. Very angry at you Crest on Barkly !1

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Susan M
CrestonBarkly, Manager at Crest on Barkly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2018

Dear Susan,
Thank you very much for taking the time to document your son's recent experience with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to ensure an enjoyable occasion for everyone who stays with us. I appreciate your comments about your original booking being downgraded and we are very disappointed that your son's experience wasn’t up to our usual excellent standards.
We were overbooked on the weekend which fortunately required us to reorganize some of the room bookings in order to accommodate all requests. When it was noted that your son's original booking had been downgraded we explained to the boys the reasoning behind it and they assured us they were ok.
As mentioned to you on the phone we are happy to refund the room difference but would also like to provide compensation for the inconvenience of the boys sharing a family room rather than a two bedroom apartment.
I have also passed on your feedback re our service staff and your disappointment re the lack of communication as to why the room was downgraded.
Please reach out to me directly on lorena@crestob.com.au if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you and your son back to Crest on Barkly for an experience to remember for all of the right reasons!

Regards,