2,486 results
All reviewsbay viewgreat locationluna parkacross the roadport phillip baysuperior rooman upgradefamily roomper daypalais theatremini barking bedspa bathcake shopspublic transportnovatelcity
Reviewed July 8, 2018

Spent 3 nights here in room facing sea, we were very happy with our room, good size and had everything you need. ok carpet scuffed in one place but that would not stop us staying again. Staff all pleasant and helpful. would return again

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
SarahLouise3182, Front Office Manager at Novotel Melbourne St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Great to hear you enjoyed the location!

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Whilst this deal was great value I'm convinced that you get given the oldest tired room which was that small you couldn't swing a cat in! The over shrunken bath with shower over had good pressure which was nice but door leaked all over bathroom floor. There was literally just enough room to dry yourself between the bath and toilet. 2 people wouldn't fit in there. The bathroom was tired to put it politely and needed refreshing. The buffet breakfast was nothing to shout about either. The staff struggled to keep the food flowing and you were taking an item and having to go back to the the buffet when the hot food was replenished. On the plus side the staff were very welcoming and friendly. It's a real shame we were put in room 436 because we love St. Kilda and this place could be an absolute jewel and a regular hotel to stay in. View was lovely though.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback- we really appreciate your comments. Great to hear the staff were a real highlight!

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Novotel St Kilda for 10 nights in June whilst visiting Melbourne on business.

The room, a standard queen with bay view, was just right - a decent size, great views, EXTREMELY comfy bed, nice toiletries, a convenient safe, iron and ironing board, and a lovely shower. The wifi was good and the desk space was ample. Wardrobe hanging space could've been better, as the safe inside the wardrobe limits the number of long garments you can hang. Sound proofing up on the 4th floor was superb. I always travel with earplugs, but they stayed in their wrapper for my entire stay, and I slept like a log!

Breakfast was included and was superb. There was the usual cooked fare, but also delicious hash browns, pak choi, curried lentils, and pancakes with chocolate sauce. The fresh fruit selection was also super sweet and juicy. I also had one tasty evening meal in the Esplanade Diner, and once room service meal (which carried no surcharge) with a reasonably priced half bottle of wine from the mini bar, which was of exceptionally good quality!

The front desk staff were excellent. In particular, a girl with long blonde hair who provided me with local bus details, airport transfer schedules, restaurant recommendations, and sorted me out with a Myki travel card. She would greet me each evening on my return and be genuinely interested in my day and dining choices. This truly helped this feel less like a business trip and more like a leisure break.

Thank you Novotel. This was my first stay with you worldwide, but definitely not the last!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback- we really appreciate your comments and I have passed this onto Lauren- out Guest Service Agent at the Front Desk. It made her day!

Reviewed July 3, 2018

we are from the country so I was prepare to pay extra for a room with a view. The view was fabulous.The staff were welcoming and generous with their assistance. The breakfast and coffee were delicious. It's such a pity the hotel is past it's peak. It's dated and looks like it needs love. I ordered a room with a view but the windows were so grubby my photos were cloudy. The sofa had foot marks over it and the shower over the spa is a health hazard to a person with a dodgy hip. The bathroom light switch behind the door was a challenge to find. I really wanted to open a window and enjoy the sea breeze but alas they were fixed and the ambient heating made me think I was going through menopause again. The long corridor from the lift to our room was continuously marked with plaster patches from suitcase damage - it looked old and tired and matched the vibe. If it wasn't for the lovely staff and the cleanliness of the room I may have cried with disappointment. I could have stayed around the corner without the view and got real value for money.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SarahLouise3182, Front Office Manager at Novotel Melbourne St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2018

Thank you for your comments. We certainly appreciate your comments and feedback. We certainly hope the rest of your time in St Kilda was an enjoyable one.

Josh Brodie
Front Office Manager

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

Stayed overnight and could not ask for more . Lovely view over to west , great bed , nice pillows , central location ( next to DFO )and great staff. Like to mention Chaya great! Pay this lady more shes worth it .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback however I believe you stayed at Novotel Southwharf (next to DFO). I will pass this on.