“Enjoyable stay”

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in St Kilda
Singapore, Singapore
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Our group stayed at apartment 35 for a week to catch the Australian Open.
The apartment was clean and comfortable and had a good view of Albert Park. If you wake up early enough, you could see the hot air balloons flying around near the city. There were also many food joints around, with nearby supermarket and Tatts where we could purchase our tram tickets if we're out of coins. Very convenient.

The helpful front desk manager Claire also helped me to contact the Flinders Street Medina when I asked if we could park our vehicle there to catch a tram to the AO. Appreciate it!

My only complaint is the parking. Somehow we had to notify the front desk pretty much everyday in order to get in even though we had registered our vehicle. There was an instance when I pressed the intercom at the carpark entrance and the person manning the reception insisted that I go down personally then to register before they would let me in. Luckily I had passengers in the car to help me with that, else I would have to reverse down the narrow ramp and risk scratching the car!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lynnfcc
MESKMgr, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda, responded to this review, 5 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay with Medina Executive St Kilda.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

With regard to the car park, you are able to use your room key to open the roller door if you prefer not to use the intercom.

Should you have any questions regarding this or if you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Medina Executive St Kilda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
vincentia
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I too read all the bad revues prior to my stay and I was nervous. As it turns out my worries were unwarranted. We stayed in apt 36. It was on the small side for 4 people, it only had 1 bathroom and the sofa was too small but it was clean, the beds were comfortable and the view fantastic. Fantastic restaurants are on the doorstep. Just down the road is a great little supermarket and the trams are right out the front. Street noise was not an issue. When booking ask for a room on the Fitzroy st side. I would stay there again

Room Tip: Relatives stayed in Room 21, it was much bigger than 36
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank teafortwo6
MESKMgr, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay with Medina Executive St Kilda.

I'm pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Brentwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2012

After reading some of the other reviews I was a bit sceptical about coming here, but when I arrived I was pleasently surprised. Great studio apartment with everything you need to have a comfortable stay. The staff and front desk were very friendly and very helpful. It was very clean too. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank jackpummell
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I'm pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We are unable to reccomend this hotel due to it being filthy.
Our apartment had so many problems that we are unable to list them all here.
The very WORST problem was the filth. The hotel cleaners are a joke.
The tumble dryer was totslly absent from our apartment. The oven was fit to be CONDEMMED. The lights failed daily for the first three days. There was black mould in the kitchen cupboards. The list goes on. Our stay in Melbourne was absolutely ruined by this.
The apartment we were allocated was unfortunately situated directly next to major extremely noisy building works. The pneumatic drilling commenced at 7:00am daily and this went on daily 6 days per week.
All told, we will never stay there again, and, definitely would not feel able to reccomend it whatsoever.

Room Tip: front apartments )on Fitzroy st) have nice views of Albert park
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Shirley F
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us as much as you could have. With regard to the tumble dryer, I believe this was rectified for you soon as the hotel was made aware of this issue.

The construction works next door are likely to continue for the next several months. The drilling and excavation works that were ongoing throughout your stay have now been completed, so noise from the site is now minimal.

Should you wish to discuss this in further detail please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Australia
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I chose to stay at the Medina Executive in St. Kilda due to it's location. I was happy to pay a little more than I usually would as it was 4 and a half stars. The staff were lovely, friendly and helpful. The apartment was however a disappointment. I entered the room to find all the cupboard doors open which was odd. There was a list on the counter of what was expected of housekeeping and most had been ticked off. THe bathroom floor was greasy, like it hadn't been mopped properly. The bathroom door was cracked and sawdust was on the floor. The worst was to come when I went to get into bed at 11.30pm and found there was only two sheets and no bedding. The gentleman downstairs was very helpful in getting a doona for me. Would I pay $140 to stay here again? NO!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank nessiemcdonald
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I'm sorry your stay with us was not an enjoyable as it could have been, although I'm pleased to see the team here were able to assist you.

It would appear that the room you were checked into had unfortunately not been checked by the Housekeeping Supervisor. Had the condition of the room been reported to us at the time we would have been happy to either rectify the room or move you to another room.

If you would like to discuss this in further detail please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Great apartment, good location, trams run outside hotel with good servrce to CBD. St Kilda beach within walking distance as were many good bars/restaurants.
One small complaint, the bathroom light lit up the bedroom which isn't necessarily great for your partner if they are asleep!
Our deal included breakfast at the cafe next door which was excellent.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Youngtel
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I'm pleased to see you enjoyed your time in St Kilda.

We lok forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Brisbane
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Just finished 18 week stint in Melbourne, I was staying close to the Casino before hearing about this great hotel from a past business associate. I had 16 weeks here FIFO I must say I would not stay anywhere else again. The rooms were well designed with the 32 inch flat screen TV on a stand that was able to be rotated 360 degrees and viewable from every corner of the functional room including the bathroom (not every room but (#77 & #45). Speak of which had a huge bath and dual head shower. The kitchenette was serviceable and the washer and dryer a handy addition when on a long term stay, the licensed IGA Supermarket across the road has one of the best ranges of food both Gourmet and standard fare with a great range of fresh food. Car parking although at an extra charge was always available. The staff were friendly, efficient and very helpful nothing was ever too much trouble. Location location on beautiful Fitzroy St, St Kilda it is surrounded by fabulous restaurants and alfresco eateries. Serviced by Melbourne's fabulous tram system it is only a short safe trip to the city tickets available from the Newsagent just down the road.
Some of my favourites eats were "Veg out Time" wow some of the very best food I've had at excellent prices try the roast pumpkin curry, “Masuda Thai”, “The Cushion Lounge” cheap cheap cheap, the Pizza from “Leo's Spaghetti Bar” also excellent...just to mention a few. And who could go past weekend breakfast at the "Beachcomber" right on St Kilda beach followed by the weekend markets opposite the Espy Hotel. Afternoon tea out on the famous St Kilda pier with views back to the city of Melbourne the and a peek at the Little Penguins just before sunset.

Thank you to the management and staff for making my stay a home away from home.

Room Tip: Ask for open plan, the same floor plan as number 77
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank dobboinaus

I'm glad you enjoyed your time at your new home away from home!

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Melbourne.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Kilda
Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne
Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne
#59 of 160 in Melbourne
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda? Share your experiences!