“Perfect for relaxing stay”

Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda Melbourne
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in St Kilda
Reviewed 1 April 2012

This was the 3rd Medina property we have stayed at in Australia.
Medina St Kilda is on busy Fitzroy Street and is easy walking distance to restaurants, hotels, bars, corner stores and public transport. The tram into the city takes 20 minutes and leaves from just down the street.
A walk into Ackland street and all its cafes takes about 20 minutes.
The 1 and 2 bedroom apartments are huge and have all you need for a great stay. The beds are fantastic and the staff at reception very helpful.
They are happy to store luggage for you.
Unfortunately there is building work going on next door and concrete pours at 700am are a pain but thats the luck of the draw.
This property, together with the Flinders Street Executive in Melbourne and the Sydney Central are a really good option when looking for more than a hotel room.
And its nice to sometimes stay out of the city centre in the suburbs for a change.
Try Banff restaurant/bar just down the road for fantastic cheap breakies and great Pizzas.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front, although on busy Fitzroy street have balconies which are great to sit on and...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
MESKMgr, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your stay with Medina Executive St Kilda.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 2 February 2012

Our group stayed at apartment 35 for a week to catch the Australian Open.
The apartment was clean and comfortable and had a good view of Albert Park. If you wake up early enough, you could see the hot air balloons flying around near the city. There were also many food joints around, with nearby supermarket and Tatts where we could purchase our tram tickets if we're out of coins. Very convenient.

The helpful front desk manager Claire also helped me to contact the Flinders Street Medina when I asked if we could park our vehicle there to catch a tram to the AO. Appreciate it!

My only complaint is the parking. Somehow we had to notify the front desk pretty much everyday in order to get in even though we had registered our vehicle. There was an instance when I pressed the intercom at the carpark entrance and the person manning the reception insisted that I go down personally then to register before they would let me in. Luckily I had passengers in the car to help me with that, else I would have to reverse down the narrow ramp and risk scratching the car!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lynnfcc
MESKMgr, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay with Medina Executive St Kilda.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

With regard to the car park, you are able to use your room key to open the roller door if you prefer not to use the intercom.

Should you have any questions regarding this or if you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

I too read all the bad revues prior to my stay and I was nervous. As it turns out my worries were unwarranted. We stayed in apt 36. It was on the small side for 4 people, it only had 1 bathroom and the sofa was too small but it was clean, the beds were comfortable and the view fantastic. Fantastic restaurants are on the doorstep. Just down the road is a great little supermarket and the trams are right out the front. Street noise was not an issue. When booking ask for a room on the Fitzroy st side. I would stay there again

Room Tip: Relatives stayed in Room 21, it was much bigger than 36
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank teafortwo6
MESKMgr, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay with Medina Executive St Kilda.

I'm pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 12 January 2012

After reading some of the other reviews I was a bit sceptical about coming here, but when I arrived I was pleasently surprised. Great studio apartment with everything you need to have a comfortable stay. The staff and front desk were very friendly and very helpful. It was very clean too. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank jackpummell

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I'm pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 December 2011

We are unable to reccomend this hotel due to it being filthy.
Our apartment had so many problems that we are unable to list them all here.
The very WORST problem was the filth. The hotel cleaners are a joke.
The tumble dryer was totslly absent from our apartment. The oven was fit to be CONDEMMED. The lights failed daily for the first three days. There was black mould in the kitchen cupboards. The list goes on. Our stay in Melbourne was absolutely ruined by this.
The apartment we were allocated was unfortunately situated directly next to major extremely noisy building works. The pneumatic drilling commenced at 7:00am daily and this went on daily 6 days per week.
All told, we will never stay there again, and, definitely would not feel able to reccomend it whatsoever.

Room Tip: front apartments )on Fitzroy st) have nice views of Albert park
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Shirley F

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us as much as you could have. With regard to the tumble dryer, I believe this was rectified for you soon as the hotel was made aware of this issue.

The construction works next door are likely to continue for the next several months. The drilling and excavation works that were ongoing throughout your stay have now been completed, so noise from the site is now minimal.

Should you wish to discuss this in further detail please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed 17 November 2011

I chose to stay at the Medina Executive in St. Kilda due to it's location. I was happy to pay a little more than I usually would as it was 4 and a half stars. The staff were lovely, friendly and helpful. The apartment was however a disappointment. I entered the room to find all the cupboard doors open which was odd. There was a list on the counter of what was expected of housekeeping and most had been ticked off. THe bathroom floor was greasy, like it hadn't been mopped properly. The bathroom door was cracked and sawdust was on the floor. The worst was to come when I went to get into bed at 11.30pm and found there was only two sheets and no bedding. The gentleman downstairs was very helpful in getting a doona for me. Would I pay $140 to stay here again? NO!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank nessiemcdonald

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I'm sorry your stay with us was not an enjoyable as it could have been, although I'm pleased to see the team here were able to assist you.

It would appear that the room you were checked into had unfortunately not been checked by the Housekeeping Supervisor. Had the condition of the room been reported to us at the time we would have been happy to either rectify the room or move you to another room.

If you would like to discuss this in further detail please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

Great apartment, good location, trams run outside hotel with good servrce to CBD. St Kilda beach within walking distance as were many good bars/restaurants.
One small complaint, the bathroom light lit up the bedroom which isn't necessarily great for your partner if they are asleep!
Our deal included breakfast at the cafe next door which was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Youngtel

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I'm pleased to see you enjoyed your time in St Kilda.

We lok forward to welcoming you back in the future.