All reviewsluna parkgreat locationsecure parkingcar parkroom was cleancentral locationeasy accessacross the roadpalais theatrepublic transportraglanapartmenttramaccommodationmelbournestcity
Reviewed March 21, 2018

Rooms are lovely - freshly renovated and clean but it is not a hotel. They are studio apartments above some shops, accessed by an outside balcony that goes right by your window. There are no lifts - but that is OK because only one or two flights of stairs. They need double glazing or something on the windows because the noise from the street is quite loud. Tram and car noises, even people talking loudly. I was woke. At 4am by a street sweeper. Also, I felt slightly uncomfortable that people walking down the balcony to access their rooms could see right into my room. Nevertheless the room is quite spacious for one or two with all mod cons. Location is also good with many restaurants and a tram stop right outside.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Mionainthedale
Reviewed March 7, 2018

THE PROS
The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and there were all necessary amenities such as A/C, heating, a small TV, iron, hairdryer etc. This apartment had a kitchenette with kitchen appliances, cutlery and crockery. There was tea/coffee and small long life milks. The bathroom condiments were in wall pumps –body wash, shampoo and conditioner. This accommodation is what you would expect for the price. The apartment located on Acland Street also had a rooftop area with Ocean views. It was within easy walking distance to St Kilda’s main attractions and just metres from the nearest tram stop.
THE CONS
Take earplugs if you want to go to bed early. I thought this apartment was located on Fitzroy Street, St Kilda, which is why I chose it. In the fine print received after I made the booking, it turned out the room was located on a semi-commercial part of Acland Street, St Kilda. Acland Street is St Kilda’s main street and super noisy. There was a band across the road that played until 11pm and there was no soundproofing. They also charged a $15 fee for parking on the property and charged a $100 holding fee. This was literally a few dollars less than the cost of the room. Again, and I write this every time I am charged a holding fee, if I trashed the room - $100 wouldn’t cover it. Holding fees are unnecessary and inconvenient. The room also required guests to wash dishes or incur a fee of $75. This seemed particularly steep for a few dirty dishes. The exterior of the building was also outdated and grotty.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Miss J
Reviewed February 27, 2018

Such a excellent place to stay in st kilda as it's close to the beach and shops and the tram stop outside the entrance. Rooms are really spacious and comfy,especially the double beds. Great bathroom facilities too,never used a shower with a large,square ceiling shower head.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank nfrenc286039
Simon M, Manager at Abode St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with Abode St Kilda, we very much appreciate it. We're glad you found us an excellent choice, close to the beach and shops and 15 minutes to the city on the tram. Our showers are rain-fall style, and are very popular with our guests - we're glad you liked it! We hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for your review. :)

Reviewed February 27, 2018

sleep was ok it wont let me put okay and rooms as I said they could do with a makeover and let people know when they book that you have pull out a couch to use as one of the beds. the location was good

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank cplant380018

Thank you for your review of your stay at Abode's Sister property, Easystay Studio Apartments. We're sorry you don't appear to have enjoyed your stay. We do our best to keep Easystay Studio Apartments as one of the best value accommodation options in St Kilda, while maintaining good guest comfort and of course, room cleanliness. We do advertise our extra beds as being rollaway style - if you booked somewhere that didn't mention this, we'd be grateful if you would let us know further details? We'd be happy to chat further. Thanks for giving us a try, and we hope you'll stay again - perhaps if you'd like a 4-star level property our hotel Abode St Kilda may also suit you better. Many thanks.

Reviewed February 26, 2018

Very hospitable - they upgraded me - rooms are SO wonderfully decorated, spotlessly clean (always no 1 Priority for me), comfy bed. Too bad guests returning at 2 in the morning yelling past my door ruined it all - you could hear them as if it they were in the room.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi, thank you very much for your review of your stay with us in St Kilda. We're thrilled you enjoyed your studio, and found it clean, comfortable, and that you liked our local artwork too. :) I'm sorry you had problems with other guests - we have a night manager who is always available to help if others are a little loud, please don't hesitate to call to reception. Thank you again for taking the time to review us, and we hope to see you again soon.