“Never going back”

Ranked #71 of 150 Restaurants in Bunbury
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Started off ok sat down with a beer and bowl of mussels. As I was eating them at least a third had lots of small pieces of broken shell embedded into the meat so had to spit out. I kept persisting for a while as I realise this can sometimes happen, until halfway through I then bit down on a small crab about 10mm long. At this stage I had enough and was not enjoying continuously biting down on bits of tiny shell. So I quietly took the meal back to the counter so as not to embarrass the establishment. The manager apologised then offered me a drink. I said thank you will grab it after I finish the other. When I went back he turned around and accused me of trying to con him out of a glass of beer in front of everyone. If he did not offer me a drink in the first place the apology would have been enough, but was now accusing me of conning a beer out of him that was offered in the first place as I never asked for any compensation. What a low life.

Reviewed March 12, 2018

New menu is brilliant love the burgers and good range of beers on tap. Summer days with the beach just in front a fantastic way to spend the day , morning swim and the lunch.

Reviewed January 19, 2018

After a couple of so-so experiences, we didn't come here for ages. But we thought we'd try it again to see if there'd been changes in the kitchen. Since our last visit, they've brought on a new chef and a new menu. Still pub grub, but done with more class and style and flavour.

I had the chicken burger (chicken breast meat, jalapeno 'jam', sriracha aoili, lettuce) and chips -- excellent flavours and nice hot chips.

My husband had the smokehouse burger, which he found a bit big for the bun (it was at least 2 cm taller than mine and was piled high with burger, lashings of bacon, chorizo, and a couple of slices of cheese, and some salad veges). The burger broke up as he was eating it, which I suggested was because it was made on premises (a good thing) and perhaps didn't have enough egg to bind it. But he said it tasted good.

Service was prompt and friendly.

A definite improvement on previous visits.

Reviewed January 17, 2018 via mobile

Went there for a friends birthday all excited. Wow how unexcited (if there’s such a word) we ALL where when we left.
Service is good. Not an issue there but the food is garbage...I mean garbage. Even a hungry gutted rooster like me turned my nose up at it. After scanning our group of 10 I could see I wasn’t alone. The sad thing is we generally all ordered different meals.
Can’t even recommend the wedges!!!
Sad sad sad.

1  Thank oil1960
Reviewed November 26, 2017

My husband and I always eat at Hungry Hollows when we make our usual end of year trip to Bunbury. We love this restaurant as its 2 minutes from our usual motel. The food is great, good variety and excellent customer service. Overlooking the ocean is a great plus point

1  Thank J5606EPjenniferv