“Enjoyable night with good food.”
Review of Jo's Curry House

Jo's Curry House
Ranked #54 of 152 Restaurants in Bunbury
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I was part of a group of 7 people out for a quiet evening meal on 4th April and we chose Jo's because none of us had eaten there before.
We would all recommend the food and atmosphere of Jo's Curry House. We had an assortment of dishes and all of us commented to each other about how enjoyable they were.
Some of the dishes were Goat Curry, Goan Fish (Red Emperor used), Prawn Masala and Saag Paneer, The rice dishes were generous and the assorted breads we chose were delicious.
Bizarrely I am going to comment about a couple of things regarding the service but I would like you to read this as a comment not a criticism. It may sound like a contradiction about service but I think you will understand what I mean.
We had a bottle of champagne and a bottle of wine but we were not offered any glasses for about 10 minutes after being seated even though the bottles were on the table. We were then asked if we would like any wine glasses which I thought was a bit odd considering the bottles were on the table. The glasses came and after 5 minutes we had to ask for an ice bucket. When she bought the ice bucket she asked where we would like it put. Again, a bit odd when one bottle was red and the other was champagne.
There was one bottle of water which needed to be refilled a number of times but again, we had to ask for a refill.
Now comes the contradiction...the staff were really friendly with a very ready smile and helped guide some of us with food choices so see what I mean about a contradiction. While the staff were friendly and helpful they didn't seem to have a grasp on the basic things like refilling water, wine glasses etc.
It would not put us off going back though. All 7 people said they would definitely go back again and with the meal averaging $25.00 per person we thought that it was also very well priced.
Please note that it is BYO and there is a $5.00 corkage fee per bottle of wine. I am looking forward to the day when restaurants change this outdated wording and say that it is glass hire.
Wine bottles very rarely have corks any more so a person could challenge this corkage fee when their bottle does not have a cork in it. Restaurants need to have a re-think about the charge terminology.

Date of visit: April 2018