“Nice view - good service”

HarbourView Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 98 Restaurants in Geraldton
Price range: US$14 - US$32
Description: Premier dining experience with amazing views of the Geraldton CBD, Harbour and Marina precincts. Our food is modern Australia utilising local and Western Australian produce with tantalising cultural influences. We are fully licensed and open from 11.30am until late every day. Excellent experience to share with your family, friends, business associates and customers while you appreciate the amazing Geraldton ocean side location
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

I attended here with my wife on 20 March 2018 . All in all when exiting the elevator on the top floor you are welcomed by friendly staff and a large restaurant area.
There are views from the veranda tables to the ocean.
The menu is comprehensive.
I had eye fillet which was ok as was the Asian beef starter. Only issue I had was the cold mushrooms on the plate with the hot food(steak main). I addressed this with the waitress which still continues as you will read further on. In conclusion produce good a little care required to ensure all items on the plate are heated. The same issue happened to my colleague on April 4 2018 cold Mushrooms straight from the fridge with the steak.
Would eat here again just needs some refining in all corners of the kitchen. Service good.

Kerry M, Owner at HarbourView Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Hi Ken

We appreciate your comments and acknowledge that you are justified in putting your concerns to us and therefore, we are required to improve.

I am passing your comments to Antony our Head Chef whom I know will investigate the situation and rectify our kitchen procedures to ensure that this doesn't happen to anyone else.

I hope you do visit us again in the future and that we give you the high level of food and service experience that we endeavour to emulate and you as a valued customer richly deserve to receive

Best regards
Kerry

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

As soon as you walk in you are welcomed by the staff. The tables are beautifully layed out and the decor is very modern. My husband and I ordered the carnivore plate which had a assortment of meats. It was all cooked to perfection and I really liked the kangaroo. The wait staff are all very lovely, making sure you are having the best experience possible. If you want fine dining, Harbourview is the restaurant to visit!

Kerry M, Owner at HarbourView Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2018

Thanks for your comments Naomi - we are delighted that your experience dining with us was to your liking.
Regards
Kerry

Reviewed March 9, 2018

We have nothing but praise for Harbour View, there was no faulting them on anything. The decor and cleanliness were exceptional, the view magnificent, the staff were efficient, gracious, courteous and friendly. Laura, who looked after our party of four, was never seen without a smile on her face. Our chef was the same, always smiling, always willing to go the extra mile. My husband is Coeliac and Lactose Intolerant, so we thought that this might be a problem. Not so. Three of our party, including my husband, had the rib eye, no gluten, (which literally melted in their mouths), while I chose the Seafood Linguine which was astonishingly good. We all had the sticky date pudding but poor old Johnno asked for just some fruit which is just about all he can have. What he did get was the surprise of the night. Our wonderful chef created a dessert just for him. He prepared a dessert of Honey Roasted Pears, caramelised pineapple, glazed walnuts with orange & citrus reduction. All in all, everyone in our party had a fantastic evening, great food and drinks A Jurassic thank you to all the staff at Harbour View. We'll be back!

Kerry M, Owner at HarbourView Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2018

Thank you for such a wonderful review. You have supported our belief in our team and we are very pleased with their continued efforts. So please you had sucha an enjoyable time at HarbourView.
Look forward to having your company again in the future.
Regards
David & Kerry

Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful food, spectacular view over the port and harbour, an interesting wine list, diners dressed up, cheerful and attentive service and great value for money. HarbourView is the perfect venue to entertain clients, celebrate a special occasion or pop that important question. Go soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2018

We had lunch there on Monday for our anniversary. Geraldton used to have a smattering of first class restaurants, with the opening of HarbourView those days have returned. Sensational food (we both considered licking the plates for all three courses!), great service, great view and totally relaxing. We are going to make it a regular event.