“Solid experience but did not live up to hype (in my mind)”
Review of Leeuwin Estate

Leeuwin Estate
Book In Advance
More Info
US$40.58*
and up
Leeuwin Estate: Guided Tour Including Food and...
Reviewed November 12, 2017

Visited under the recommendation of a friend, who is a wine aficionado. We didn't make a booking, so had to wait about 20 minutes for a table (the staff were quite nice / apologetic about it). In the meantime, we brought our 3-year old to check out the art gallery on the bottom floor, which she loved.

Food was of a wonderful standard (though I found it a bit lacking in imagination, but that is just nitpicking!), and I especially liked that the kids meal was also of a similar standard - juicy grilled chicken with fries (clearly cut from a potato, not pre-packaged ones) and salad. Service was good, but not outstanding.

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"mains"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

We have visited many wineries around Australia and Leeuwin Estate is in our top 5. We booked the Immersion experience which included morning tea (scones and tea/coffee/hot choc), winery tour, gallery tour and finished with tasting of 5 of their best art series wines combined with matching food. All of this only cost $55 each and was such great value. Such a beautiful spot to have lunch or dinner too

Reviewed November 7, 2017

Well it is so well known for its Wine and food that some times you can be disappointed but i am happy to say i was not.
The service was very good and the food was also very good.
I shared the lamb shoulder with my son and it was delicious ,too feed 2 more like 3 .

Reviewed November 4, 2017

We did the wine tour and tasting. It was interesting and informative seeing how the wine is made and the history of this old (by Margaret River standards) vineyard. There is a great collection of artworks to view that adorn their labels. The wine is good, with the chardonnay and cabernet sauvignon the best. I did think the tour was a bit expensive at $25 per head and had expected a more formal sit down tasting for that, rather than the standard one at the bar as if we had just walked in. We enjoyed lunch after with excellent food and service albeit rather pricey.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 4, 2017

We had a wonderful tasting experience at the cellar door at Leeuwin Estate. You have to pay up front to taste the wines but that is deducted from the purchase price paid for wines that you buy. The setting is beautiful with lovely gardens. The tasting area is very modern. The staff member who served us was very friendly and very knowledgeable about the wines. Of course the wines were excellent as expected. I particularly enjoyed the Art Series Shiraz at the more affordable end of the price range. The Siblings Margaret River SBS was a revelation to me. I am not a great white drinker but this was a marvellous crisp refreshing wine of a blend I was not familiar with but became increasingly familiar as we visited more wineries in Margaret River. If you are wine tasting in the region, you must include Leeuwin Estate.