All reviewssecure parkingroom servicestaff were pleasant and helpfulmodern hotelbusiness hotelthe air conditioningoutstanding customer servicecheck in was easytwin roomgood sizewould stay againbed and pillowsheat pumpbusiness tripfree wifitown centreheritage
Reviewed June 6, 2017 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights at Distinction Palmerston North as I was in town on business. Check in was easy & friendly, I was directed to an amazing old lift to get my bags up to the second floor. I wasn't sure if it worked it looked like an antique, too precious to use however it worked like a charm, with charm. Room was a good size & everything I needed. Massive heat pump in the room worked very quickly. Really clean, tidy & well appointed. Shower over bath. Option to look after the environment & not have room serviced or towels changed which I like as I care about the environment too. Nosh restaurant excellent had breakfast down there both mornings, staff friendly & accommodating.

What absolutely made my stay was when I went to check out this morning, Chris on the front desk was outstanding, even when I headed off to work yesterday I was greeted by Chris & wished a great day, when I arrived back from work that evening again a fantastic welcome back. Chris demonstrates Customer Service at its best, friendly, warm, authentic & I felt like Chris was genuinely interested in me & my stay. Chris went above & beyond to connect with me & ordered a taxi to the airport for me. Thank You Chris you have made my stay extra special with your outstanding customer service. Keep up the great work, Distinction Palmerston North Chris is an asset to you & the Distinction brand. I have stayed in many many different places for work & Chris trumps the lot!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
DistinctionTeam, Front Office Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2017

Good Afternoon Annette,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and provide us with some feedback. We appreciate all guest comments and it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The lift to the Heritage side is very quaint and was originally installed when the hotel was first built in 1927. Over the years it has proven to be our most reliable piece of equipment and we hope to keep it this way for a while longer with regular maintenance.
Thank you for your comments regarding our front desk person Chris. He is very much as asset to our team and displays an attentive and caring attitude to taking care of all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again in Palmerston North soon.

Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

I held a 2 day workshop at the hotel and had the pleasure of staying for two nights also. The customer service was excellent (better than a 5 star hotel in Sydney I had been at the week before) All the staff are friendly, polite and attentive. They regularly checked in to make sure everything was ok which was very helpful. The food was amazing, both during our workshop (fresh warm scones with jam & cream were delicious) and dinner at Nosh was outstanding.
The room was great with comfortable beds and quiet, the air conditioning was tricky to adjust and I struggled to cool it down but I believe they are looking into the issue.
Will definitely be back for accommodation and meetings. Thank you to all the staff, you are to be commended on your customer service.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Good Afternoon Cherie,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback from your stay at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a successful workshop in Palmerston North. Our team of staff take great pride in looking after our guests and no request is too much trouble. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the catering provided and your comments have been passed along to our kitchen team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Manawatu again soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2017

Recently attended a 1.5 day staff hui at the Distinction Hotel. Whilst it is a dated property - the service, food, and staff more than made up for that. The staff regularly checked in with us to make sure we had everything we needed and the food choices were amazing - especially the breakfast buffet. Check in was the easiest process I've ever seen, as we had a large group arriving at different times, all our room cards were pre-prepared in envelopes along with a list of rooms we were all staying in. Really impressed! The room was comfortable and a good size, just had problems with the air conditioning, but I was too tired to get them to come and fix it. Overall enjoyed the stay and would recommend it for other business trips.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback from your time in Palmerston North. It is great to hear that you had a successful hui and our staff were attentive to your needs over the 1.5 day event. We have recently welcomed a new Food and Beverage Manager who is assisting in running of events each day and has brought a fresh new energy to our team.
We are disappointed to hear that you had issues with your air conditioning unit. We do have a 24 hour reception and are more than happy to assist our guests when possible. We look forward to welcoming you back to Palmerston North again soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2017

I stayed at the Distinction PN Hotel & Conference Centre for a two day workshop. The rooms were standard but very clean and had everything I needed. They rooms were quite. All the meals we had (Tea, breakfast, lunch and MT/AT were excellent, tasty and based on presentation worth the price. Service was also excellent. Close to Town Centre, easy working distance to the Plaza. Just one note: it is deceiving from the front, reminding me of a Cobb & Co restaurant, but inside, typical of very good motel accommodation. Our workshop was held in the large conference room, it was very cool, but our numbers were not very big, making it hard to heat up the room.

Room Tip: I was booked in the Tower Standard Twin room, and faced one of the side streets. Heard no noise.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Good Afternoon Elena,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel. We are happy to hear that your workshop went well and you enjoyed the catering provided over the event. We appreciate all guest feedback and your comments have been passed along to the necessary management. We are arranging for our night staff to turn on the A/C much earlier so that our conference rooms are nice and comfortable before guests arrive on those cooler mornings.

Reviewed May 17, 2017

As we were part of a tour party it took a while to check in. The queue for the quaint antique lift slowed us down a bit, so we went for a drink in the welcoming bar. Great staff and nice comfy chairs to sink into. Once up in our Standard Double room, we found a very clean facility. the room was cool so we put the heater on and it soon warmed up. No electric blankets and no extra bedding though, so i was glad the heater kicked in.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank Michelle V
DistinctionTeam, Front Office Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2017

Good Morning Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in Palmerston North. It is lovely to hear that you had a pleasant stay and found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. We are sorry to hear that the check in took a long time and we are working on ways to make this run more smoothly in the future.
We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again soon.