All reviews secure parking room service staff were pleasant and helpful modern hotel business hotel the air conditioning outstanding customer service check in was easy twin room good size would stay again bed and pillows heat pump business trip free wifi town centre heritage
Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

Great service large clean room. Bed really comfy. Here for a conference and everything was top notch. Breakfast Lunch and Dinner Meals that were served were all fantastic and staff really good and did their job well.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
DistinctionTeam, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback from your stay at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a successful workshop in Palmerston North. Our team of staff take great pride in looking after our guests and no request is too much trouble. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the catering provided and your comments have been passed along to our kitchen team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Manawatu again soon.

Kind regards
Adrian Mc Inroy

Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a lovely stay at this hotel. We were able to check-in early and found the reception ladies to be very friendly and helpful. Our room was very spacious and clean. The hotel is in a great location, a short walk to the shops, has free WiFi, secure parking and a great buffet breakfast which was very yummy. Would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
DistinctionTeam, Adrian Mc , General Manager at Distinction Hotel Palmerston North at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2017

Dear Scots Guy , Thank you for your lovely review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed June 8, 2017

We stayed here for two nights for a work conference on-site. The staff were great, the service and food was amazing throughout our stay. My room was spacious and clean. We checked in just before 5pm, the curtains in our room had been drawn, the heating system was on, and there was a chocolate on my pillow - it was great walking into a warm room. We were in the large conference room the next day and it was cold in there but the awesome scones and trademark jams made up for it.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor by the lift, no view to speak of on my side of the building but traffic noise was not an issue.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
DistinctionTeam, Adrian Mc , General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2017

Thank you for your amazing review. It was a pleasure to welcome you to our hotel. I was really pleased to see that you received such excellent service from our staff, I will make sure to let them know!
We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed June 6, 2017 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights at Distinction Palmerston North as I was in town on business. Check in was easy & friendly, I was directed to an amazing old lift to get my bags up to the second floor. I wasn't sure if it worked it looked like an antique, too precious to use however it worked like a charm, with charm. Room was a good size & everything I needed. Massive heat pump in the room worked very quickly. Really clean, tidy & well appointed. Shower over bath. Option to look after the environment & not have room serviced or towels changed which I like as I care about the environment too. Nosh restaurant excellent had breakfast down there both mornings, staff friendly & accommodating.

What absolutely made my stay was when I went to check out this morning, Chris on the front desk was outstanding, even when I headed off to work yesterday I was greeted by Chris & wished a great day, when I arrived back from work that evening again a fantastic welcome back. Chris demonstrates Customer Service at its best, friendly, warm, authentic & I felt like Chris was genuinely interested in me & my stay. Chris went above & beyond to connect with me & ordered a taxi to the airport for me. Thank You Chris you have made my stay extra special with your outstanding customer service. Keep up the great work, Distinction Palmerston North Chris is an asset to you & the Distinction brand. I have stayed in many many different places for work & Chris trumps the lot!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
DistinctionTeam, Front Office Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2017

Good Afternoon Annette,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and provide us with some feedback. We appreciate all guest comments and it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The lift to the Heritage side is very quaint and was originally installed when the hotel was first built in 1927. Over the years it has proven to be our most reliable piece of equipment and we hope to keep it this way for a while longer with regular maintenance.
Thank you for your comments regarding our front desk person Chris. He is very much as asset to our team and displays an attentive and caring attitude to taking care of all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again in Palmerston North soon.

Kind regards,

Cherie Crowther
Front Office Manager

Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

I held a 2 day workshop at the hotel and had the pleasure of staying for two nights also. The customer service was excellent (better than a 5 star hotel in Sydney I had been at the week before) All the staff are friendly, polite and attentive. They regularly checked in to make sure everything was ok which was very helpful. The food was amazing, both during our workshop (fresh warm scones with jam & cream were delicious) and dinner at Nosh was outstanding.
The room was great with comfortable beds and quiet, the air conditioning was tricky to adjust and I struggled to cool it down but I believe they are looking into the issue.
Will definitely be back for accommodation and meetings. Thank you to all the staff, you are to be commended on your customer service.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Good Afternoon Cherie,

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Manawatu again soon.

Kind regards,