“Holiday fun”

Ranked #2 of 159 Restaurants in Whangarei
Price range: US$14 - US$25
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The only Thai restaurant in Whangarei which received the prestigious "Thai Select" Award from the Prime Minister of Thailand in March 2013 to certify and recognise Thai restaurants outside Thailand which serve authentic Thai cuisine of the highest standard.
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Excellent quisine, great atmosphere with friendly, attentive staff. I can only say this is one of the best Thai restaurants I have been to. Great choice and combinations of authentic recipes. Highly recommend this for value and quality, would definitely go here again.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

For me, this is still the number one restaurant in town, excellent efficient service, great food and a wonderful owners.

We had a mixture of dishes, made even more difficult as my son is a celiac. The restaurant always looks after him, with no after effects as usual. My sons partner is not a heavy spiced food eater; her dishes were excellent and she was able to happily eat away.

I usually have the number 68 (terrible when you can remember the menu numbers); sizzling plate on chicken, which was excellent. If you like your food on the medium spice side, with a real kick and bite, this would be a good option. You hear it before you see it as it spits on its way from the oven.

This place is always busy, almost every night of the week; make sure you book not to be disappointed.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 25, 2018

We arrived at Suk Jai having emailed about a booking very last minute on a Saturday night. Despite being rammed, Charn made sure we got a table and was consistently helpful and caring throughout our (unbelievably tasty) meal, accommodating vegan dietary requirements as well as a fussy three year old! Thanks so much :)

Date of visit: March 2018
Charn T, Owner at Suk Jai Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2018

Dear Mel

Thank you very much for your kind review :) and thank you for your understanding to wait a little bit for the table.

Usually for email bookings, I would check my email in the morning. Most customers who book by email usually book one week or few days in advance, but we used to have one business owner in Whangarei sending email at 5.30PM and turned up at 6.30PM, and of course I did not check the email. Because the dinner service had started and I could not go online during that time. As a result, we could not find him a table and he did not look very happy :( So I will instruct the company who maintains our website to put a message on our website that for internet bookings, please allow 24 hours response time.

Once again, thank you for coming last Saturday :) I wish you enjoy your New Zealand vacation :)

Charn

Reviewed March 22, 2018

It took a lot of convincing to get my wife here .... however at the end she was keen to come back. Brilliant food .... very nicely cooked and spiced!!

Date of visit: March 2018
Charn T, Owner at Suk Jai Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Dear TambonsRobertson

Thank you so much for returning, and convincing your wife to try our food. I am not sure whether the reason she needs a lot of convincing was because she never tried our food before and was afraid to be disappointed, or if she had some average experience with us prior.

If it was the first, we thank you so much for convincing her to come. If it was the latter, however, we would love to know if there is some aspects about our service and food which caused her to have a rather average experience, so that we can improve on those matters.

Anyhow, we thank you sincerely for your kind review. Please let us know when you will come again so that we can thank you personally ;)

Charn

Reviewed March 21, 2018

Thi.s restaurant was very good. There were 5 of us...each getting something different and everyone thought their meal was delicious. I had Panang Suk Jai and I was more then pleased. Fast and Friendly service. Thank you Suk Jai Thai ....a wonderful eating experience. We will be back