All reviews hot tub whangarei falls holiday park the kitchen swimming pool stayed here one night helpful owner covered area kettle and toaster dorm room guided tour awesome trip private cabin nice place to stay great facilities tv lounge
Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

Nice big clean rooms, with good appliances such as kettle and toaster. Facility also very clean and well kept, kitchen well equipped. Friendly and helpful staff, overall good experience. Very different to other hostels

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
whfalls, Manager at YHA Whangarei, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2017

Hello LucyS1997,

We are glad you enjoyed your time here. I will make sure to pass your compliments along to our cleaners.

Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

I really loved this accommodation. I have been getting around using the stray bus..but it was easy to get to the accommodation from where I got dropped off. I used the bus service and the Isite on Northtec were really helpful telling me which one I needed to get. Martin and Josh (the staff) were so friendly and really helpful when it came to deciding on things to do. Unfortunately I only had one night in Whangarei, but would definitely recommend longer if you are able to. It is a beautiful place. The actual dorm room was really comfortable and clean with curtains separating the areas so it didn't feel like the usual large dorm room. The showers were nice and hot. The communal areas were lovely and very clean. Would recommend staying here and would visit again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo

Hello kellstar18,

We are glad you were able to find your way here so easily, and enjoyed your time here as well. I have stayed in a number of hostels, and I agree the dorm feels different (in a good way) from the traditional large dorm.

Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

Clean, big rooms. The shared kitchen is great for socializing. Feels like a small camping. If you depend on public transport, the location is alright, but there are no busses on sunday. There is enough to see and hike in the area, but not a lot in walking distance.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo

Hello gwnpauline,

Glad you enjoyed socialising in the kitchen. I find bonds created over food are some of the best.

Reviewed March 25, 2017 via mobile

I planned to stay 2 nights to go diving at the poor knights islands, and ended up staying four nights because of all the great things to do here and the friendly atmosphere. The owner is incredibly friendly, will help you with anything you need, and will explain all the amazing things to see in the area. As a solo traveller I have never felt more welcome, you can sit in the common area and meet loads of interesting people. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable.

Stayed: March 2017

Hello Daphne,

How was your dive at the Poor Knights? Whangarei has quite a bit more to see and do than most people realise when they first arrive. We are glad you enjoyed yourself and the atmosphere here. We tend to have quite interesting guests, including yourself, so it's great you got to meet some of the others.

Reviewed March 25, 2017 via mobile

We visited the hostel in November 2016 for one night and decided to come back to see more of this great town and the area.
Martin is a great host, he did explain all the must sees around Whangarei and even gave us weather and tide information.
As we came with our own car, the distance to the town didn't bother us. The bathroo

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello Leonie M,

You came back! We are always* happy to see our guests return and stay with us. What was your favourite thing you saw here in Whangarei? The bathroo...? What? You can't leave me hanging here, mate. That's just cruel. Now I will forever wonder what else you were going to say, unless you come back to visit and finish your sentence. :-)