“Terrible eggs Benedict ”
Review of 39 Cafe

39 Cafe
Ranked #12 of 31 Restaurants in Hokitika
Price range: US$1 - US$17
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch
Description: We are a fully licenced cafe serving wines and beers, catering for all tastes. We have an extensive breakfast menu including the "Big Kiwi", Eggs Benedict, Sweet and Savoury Pancakes plus many more options. We also have a variety of lunch and snack option. Try our delicious West Coast Whitebait while sipping on a nice glass of Pino Gris. Free Wifi is also available for customers.
Reviewed April 12, 2018 via mobile

My eggs Benedict was disappointing there was not much to it but sauce,bread,salmon and eggs.
The bread was burnt. And my meal was cold. Had no flavour but the burnt ness of the bread. Eggs wasn’t cooked probably.
Left feeling ripped off. Wasn’t worth $18.00.

Reviewed April 12, 2018

Went for lunch today, been in there a few times before and found the food good but today my daughter ordered eggs benedict which had half cooked eggs, and burnt bread underneath, not good. My steak was very small and a load of chips and also my eggs were not cooked properly. Very dissappointed.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

When over from Darwin I head down to the 39 Cafe in Hokitika they do one of the best whitebait sandwich’s with mint sauce on the side. They have a menu to suit all diners and make a dam good coffee, if in town give them a try you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

We called in for a coffee @ 39 café before hitting road - we were disappointed in the coffee - it was weak,had no taste (like slightly flavoured milk) & was not stretched - come on guys you can do better then that. We bought sammies & cake to eat on the road - these were good.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Good Friday morning and early, Cafe 39 was open and I was not first! I had a great plate of eggs beeni and salmon, a beautiful breakfast thank you!!