“WTF”

Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Hokitika
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

From the begining the service was below average. Our waiter was using some device to take our order and maybe she was new but she was slow at using it. They also chopped and changed waiters during our meals, none of which introduced themselves. The first girl missed minor details which when it got to the main I did not want to be "that customer" and complain once more. I held off on complaining about my steak until I just couldn't take it anymore. My friend had the exact same meal and it tasted 10 x better. Mine tasted like it was re-cooked after sitting in the kitchen all day.

The 10% discount put me off the rest of my meal. But nice attempt, I went to Pipi Pizza after!

Reviewed April 3, 2018

We were fortunate to get a table after a walk in at Easter, it busy. We were greeted nicely and ordered quickly and the meals were delivered very quickly considering it was packed. The Venison was good with an amazing sauce, pasta special was cooked perfectly and kids chicken schnitzel was very good and well received by our 7 year old. Overall a great dining experience and priced well.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Not too many options in this town, so stumpers was easy choice. Big menu, main meals seem very pricey. Easter weekend, so quite busy but they advised beforehand and kept up to date with potential waiting times. Food was ok, but it was just pub meals really. Big portion size though.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Hokitika was humming and we had to wait for a table. Definately no problem as 15 mins later they came to get us from the bar.
All our meals were well cooked , tasty and substantial. The service was spot on even though it was busy. Would recommend.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

This is a pretty simple place to review and eat at. Solid food, solid service, no nonsense. Great wine and beer selection. Utterly dependable in every way.... which on the west coast, is saying a lot.