See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 8, 2011

This was a comfortable friendly reasonably priced B & B. Our hosts were happy to give advise on the area, and were concerned that we were happy.

Kaikoura is a wonderful place, we particularly enjoyed our walk up Mount Fyffe where the views were outstanding.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2011

A wonderful stay in this friendly B&B. Our hosts Yvonne and Tony could not have been more obliging. Well worth the visit and sorry to be leaving.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Our hosts were very friendly and accommodation was clean and OK.
Creighton is a parrot in the lounge and there is also Molly the dog who greeted us in the morning. Breakfast was good - except for the instant coffee.
The location is on a semi industrial strip on the way in to town.
Our hosts were very helpful. After breakfast we even had our own personal viewing of feeding time of the trout and eels in the brook behind the building. Next time I might try something overlooking the water.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim C
fatrats, Owner at Admiral Creighton Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2011

Hi, we take all reviews very seriously. When I find one such as this I must place my comment on record. We have a big black coffee maker sitting in the servery in the dining room it is always on at breakfast time and unless it had been emptied by other guests without our knowledge. we would have refilled it had we known There is also a plunger coffee maker in the same area for guests to make their own at other times.
We strive to maintain a high standard of service and find such inaccurate comments of no help to anyone

Anthony Steadman
( Owner )

Reviewed December 17, 2010

This is the place you want to stay when in Kaikoura. Back off the main road (one row of houses between you and the road - so easy to get everywhere) and very, very quite. You will not find a cleaner and more comfortable place to stay. Modern bathrooms, wonderful bedding and the biggest, thickest, fluffiest bath towels you will ever find. The breakfasts are scrumptious.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed December 17, 2010

I had a wonderful stay in this lovely B&B. The Breakfasts were delicious (especially the cooked ones) and the garden was a real treat. Tony and Yvonne Steadman (the hosts) were very welcoming and made me feel very much at home. Their dog Molly and Cockatoo Creighton were a source of endless delight.
It is a bit away from the main town, so unless you are very keen walkers I would recommend having your own transport. Although Tony was very kind with giving me lifts because they are busy I felt like I was imposing when I needed lifts to my various wildlife excursions. The taxis cost approx. NZ$20.
Tony and Yvonne are very knowledgeable about what is available in Kaikoura in the way of Restaurants and 'things to do'.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo