“A great finish to a great holiday!”
Review of Eden by the Bay

Eden by the Bay
Reviewed 9 July 2011

We were supposed to spend 4 weeks in Australia and 1 week in New Zealand, but due to the ash cloud we had to cancel our NZ leg. So for the 5th week of our holiday we decided to make lemonade from the lemons we were dealt and hired a car in Brisbane and drove north. We found Eden by the Bay on the internet and phone and made a reservation. We were 5 adults, my wife and I our 2 adult children and one of their friends. We got a 2 bedroom, sea facing room that was spectacular. We regularly stay in 4 star hotels in USA (thanks to Priceline) and had not been that impressed with the hotels we had stayed in Australia, except the Mecure in Sydney, until we stayed at the Eden by the Bay! It is a great, well maintained, clean, modern boutique hotel that made out last week in Australia memorable. We would highly recommend it and would love to stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 January 2011

We stayed at the Eden by the Bay for 5 nights for Christmas with my family. On my recommendation my sister and her family plus two more lots of friends and their families also stayed here. On booking our room we were advised that we had a pool view room which sounded great to us as we have 2 young kids and that was were we planned on spending alot of our time, the one main thing that we were not told on booking and also on me phoning to confirm our booking was that our room was only accessed by 4 flights of stairs. Carting luggage for a family of 4 plus all our food for Christmas plus presents up the stairs was just ridiculous. I had actually phoned 2 weeks prior to enquire about getting a ground floor unit as we had 2 kids but was informed that all the 2 bedroom apartments were located on the 3rd floor. This probably would have been a good time to advise me that the back building were they had put us was not lift accessable. On the website and in the brochure it does say that the rooms have lift access ( the website has since changed ).
The evening that we arrived I did phone through to reception to talk to the management about our issue but could only talk to a young lady who was very nice and understanding and was advised that she would talk to the management and see what could be done. I recieved a phone call about and hour later from the young lady (not the management) to advise that we could not be moved as they were fully booked and perhaps the only thing they could suggest was that next time I come and stay I could ask for a room in the front building with the lift access. Who are they kidding. No way will I ever go back and neither will any of the 3 other families that travelled with us. The young lady was very nice and said that she would talk to the owner about what else could be done, but other than avoiding me for the duration of my stay, I did not once hear from anyone from reception or management.
We did talk to an elderly couple who had spent the last 4 Christmas's at the Eden by the Bay but this was the first time that they had been put into the back building with the stair access and they will also not be returning.
On checkout I did comment to the receptionist who I also think was the owners wife, that I think they should inform people when they are booking that not all rooms had access to the lift but the reply was simply a standard OK. She could not have cared less. They obviously have had this problem before.
On the whole the rooms are quite lovely and well maintained but we were just dissappointed with not being told about the stairs. My husband and I are quite fit so the stairs daily did not bother us but taking everything up on check in and taking everything out on departure was very hard work and that is not how a holiday should start or finish. Hervey bay is a great spot for a family holiday as there is so much to do but there are so many other nicer resorts with lifts ( I have already checked that ) and that is where will be staying next time.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank ellsybellsy
Reviewed 25 October 2010

We have just come back from an 8 night stay at Eden by the Bay. A lovely small hotel with all the amenities that you could need. The pool and sauna area were lovely and we luckily had it all to ourselves every day! We had a one bedroom suite on the 3rd floor with a balcony that had a view over the pool and side balcony that had a view of Hervey Bay.
The desk staff were very helpful with suggestion for tours and booking Fraser Island tour, Whale watching tour and full day fishing excursion for us. All were very worthwhile.
We ate at 2nd Kitchen for dinner one night and also for breakfast one morning. All meals were very enjoyable.
Hervey Bay is a great spot to visit and the location of Eden by the Bay was perfect for us. Easy walking distance to restuarants. We ate at the Black Dog, Thai place, RSL, Boat Club and local pub (which had great meals and even better atmosphere!)
Fraser Island is a must do and if you get a chance do the trip which includes Lake McKenzie, do it. We also did a flight over Fraser Island during the tour. The tour companies really shuttle you around very quickly as the island is very big and the lunch we had was very average. But the highlight was the flight over the island and Lake McKenzie.
Whale watching was amazing and something not to be missed if you are visiting at the right time of the year.
For those of you who love to sew, don't miss the Dewdrop Inn, Patchwork and Craft at 4-6 Bideford St, Hervey Bay. Amazing shop!~
Would love to recommend Eden by the Bay and Hervey Bay to all my friends.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AussieTraveller3204
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Stayed here for three nights last week. Had a two bed apt which was very spacious and very well equipped. Lovely pool area and sauna. All the communal areas are kept beautifully clean and there is a great cafe across the road on the beach. There are several restaurants within easy walking distance (AVOID Dom's Italian Cantina -the food is dreadful). Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2010

Eden by the bay has a great location and is a very nice new hotel in the middle of Hervey Bay. We stayed in there hotel studio room which was smal but had everything we required. The 2 bedroom apartments are a very good size and you could easily spend a week in an apartment.
Hervey Bay is a wonderful spot & this hotel is a great addition to the area. The only downside is the wireless internet is $7.50 per hour.

Reviewed 15 August 2010

We were immediately impressed with our apartment, it was modern, spacious and very clean. On our second day we took a trip to beautiful Fraser Island, so once we'd returned to the apartment, didn't feel like going too far for dinner so we made a booking at 2nd Kitchen, the restaurant below. Well....we were thoroughly impressed! The food was amazing, staff friendly and atmosphere great!

Reviewed 15 August 2010

I had done a fair bit of research looking for reasonably priced, clean looking and centrally located units in Hervey Bay for a 5 day holiday and was starting to get pretty desperate. Finally I found Eden on the Bay and it ticked all three boxes.
We stayed in a one bedroom self contained apartment that my partner said he would be happy to live in (personally that was a bit far for me, I need a bit more space for long term living). The apartments are well decorated, using plantation blinds to separate the living/kitchen area from the bedroom. The kitchenette has a microwave, two burner electric stove, fridge and pots/crockery - enough to cook some home meals when you don't want to venture out every meal of the day.
Last but not least the staff were fantastic. They were friendly and very accommodating to all of our requests.