“Wonderful weekend”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

zeljka_dj...
Zagreb, Croatia
“Wonderful weekend”
Reviewed May 14, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Although I love travelling, mountains have not always been my first choice...and what a mistake that was :) From the moment I arrived at Velika Planina I was amazed by its beauty. Since it was April, the grass was partly covered with snow and partly with beautiful crocuses...it definitely was a fairytale setting I had never seen before.

We stayed at Koča Bistra owned by Rok, an exceptional host who made us feel very welcome. I particularly liked his hand-written letter to my friends and me. This personal touch made all the difference. I felt like I was staying at my friend’s place.

Koča Bistra is a beautiful little cottage, perfectly situated on the top of a hill, with a beautiful view. It’s very clean and well equipped. The room I slept in was very comfortable and cozy. I really liked the fireplace and the comfortable kitchen-dining area. Since it was a warm weekend, we had our breakfast on the terrace outside. The view of the hills and the birds singing is something I’ll always remember...such peace and tranquility is something I definitely wish to experience again :)

Jasmina K
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed January 27, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Cottage Bistra was a real surpriser! Modern and cozy at the same time!
We had a team building there and really felt in love with the whole place! Costumer service is amazing as well ... we were pleased to get to know the owner who has a really big heart and made the whole cottage by hand!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Diana W
“Fantastic family holiday”
Reviewed January 7, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

A wonderful holiday in a stunning location. Our host Rok looked after us amazingly well. We are 2 families of 4 with children aged 5-7. We wanted a cheap holiday in the snow where the children could enjoy themselves. The cottage is accessed by cable car and chair lift. We had a bit too much luggage including a large suitcase but no problem- the staff put it on the chair lift for us and Rok helped us carry it to the cottage. I would advise backpacks not suitcases! The cottage was small and idyllic and very warm with a cozy log burner. It had an induction hob but no oven or microwave. Rok and Ana had left us some wine and home made cookies as a welcome gift. Outside we soon discovered wonderful hills for tobogganing down. The cottage came with its own toboggan and we had also brought plastic “bum sliders” with us. There was no ski hire available but it didn’t matter - we spent hours every day tobogganing and exploring - there are a few walks. On the first night was a most beautiful sunset and sunrise the following morning. We needed more food so we sent Rok a shopping list and he delivered it to us. The chair lift did not operate in windy weather and the first cable car is at 9am so we decided to leave a day early as our return flight was early. Rok booked us a hotel near the airport and got us a discount. On our day of departure the chair lift was closed so we walked down the mountain. Rok helped with luggage and showed us the way and the kids had great fun bum sliding down the mountain! I would imagine it would be quite tricky if chair lift was closed when you arrived if you had young children as they would have to walk up the mountain. Rok drove us to our hotel and made sure we were OK.
The holiday was perfect for us. We only spent money on groceries and two trips to the restaurant so it was a cheap holiday. Every day was packed full of fun playing in the snow. Rok went out of his way to provide us with everything we needed. The cottage was basic but beautiful and comfortable. The ski slopes looked lovely as well - very quiet, lots of gentle smooth slopes. It was great for kids, but I think it would also be an amazing location for a romantic getaway - it is very secluded. Bring snow shoes and skis!

Valentina...
“Amazing koča, amazing place”
Reviewed December 6, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We are from Russia, but living in Ljubljana more than 2 years. At this october my parents come visit us and we was going to Velika Planina! We was with our son 3 months old! And everything was amazing - view from koča, inside, fire! Rok and his parents are very friendly and we was happy to meet they! Thank you Rok, thank you koča Bistra - we will come back again!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Maja P
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed September 4, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Amazing experience. The most beautiful place on Earth!Rok thank you for everything. See each other next year.

nusa s
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed August 23, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Great experience! Really nice owner, our house was really comfortable and beautiful! Awesome location.We wanted to stay there forever.
Real fairy tale!

Bojana L
“Beautifull experience”
Reviewed August 23, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

I love fairy tale! And now I could live in it! Gorgeous house!
I must thanks to owner Rok for warm welcome! Thank you again!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing